WHEN TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY SOUTH AFRICA

When can i apply for permanent residency in south africa? i am married TO a permanent resident born in SA.will be 5 year married to him this september. whats the best time to apply?

Hi Tash, You will only qualify to apply for PR in September as you will be in a 5year marriage then. However, please note that you will still need to have a valid status when your PR application is in progress. I am assuming you are on a relative visa? If it is due to expire in the next couple of months I would recommend you extend that before submitting your PR application. You welcome to inbox me if you will need support with in this.

Also bear in mind that PR is closed since the 1st lockdown... They're busy with investigations on permits issued from 2014 to date....

Hi there,

It appears that PR is indeed still closed regarding the investigation of some 'alleged', unusual dealings from March  2020.

I am informed of a huge backlog that could in fact take years to clear.

I am in the same frustrating situation.

Bonjour,
Peut-on demander un permis de résident permanent ou de travailleur lorsque l'on est propriétaire d'un bien immobilier en Afrique du Sud ?

Getting a PR seems near to impossible. It literally takes years. Meanwhile, you have to keep renewing your relatives visa, which they also take months to process. Everything is backlogged. I went to get a PCC and guess what? It's also taking months bc they have a backlog. Went to get my unabridged marriage certificate and.... backlogged! Sorry, just venting 😅

Thank you Gabbie !
Patience and the things arrive when we really want them ;) !