Where to deposit US stimulus paper check (Philippines)

I just deposit mine with UCPB BALIWAG BULACAN but told me there will be $30 charge

Bulacan1957 wrote:

I just deposit mine with UCPB BALIWAG BULACAN but told me there will be $30 charge

Is there any requirements opening dollar account in UCPB?

anyone here got successfully encashed their stimulus check? can you share the fastest and the easiest way you did. I'm having a hard time to encash mine

A lot of banks don't accept US Treasury checks here but honor direct deposits electronically. Go figure

Carmina Francisco wrote:

anyone here got successfully encashed their stimulus check? can you share the fastest and the easiest way you did. I'm having a hard time to encash mine

The fastest way of receiving the money.

(1) Download the mobile app for your stateside account and deposit the check.
(2) If you don't have an account use a trusted person in the states with a bank account.
(3) Once the money is in the account, send the money to your account in the PH via "Wise".
(4) If you don't have a bank account in the PH have them send the money via Western Union.

I deposited a tax refund check this way

I've got my stimulus check on hand here in the Philippines it was sent to me few weeks ago.

How will you cash it?

I don't know . I'm trying to find a bank that's accepting a us issued check and will try to cash it there

I deposit all of my US checks at Landbank. I have a peso account and its converted once it clears. After 25 days not including weekends posted for withdrawal.

Oh really they allow you to deposit us check even though your bank account is in peso?

Sumomaster2004 wrote:

I deposit all of my US checks at Landbank. I have a peso account and its converted once it clears. After 25 days not including weekends posted for withdrawal.

Are you talking about personal checks? or are you saying a stimulus check?

Personal checks are usually no problem except for the 20 business day hold and fee.

From my experience US Treasury checks are accepted, but in very few cases  including stimulus checks. It's an exception if we are to believe what has been posted. I was never the exception after trying and giving up.

Carmina, you keep asking the same question, many people have given you an answer.

They convert the dollar to peso once it clears.

I found out today that you have to be a permanent resident to open a account at Land Bank. But PBN will open  an account  even if you have  tourist visa.

I just went to BDO yesterday and the branch manager told me I can deposit the stimulus check but they need approval from higher ups

Bulacan1957 wrote:

I just went to BDO yesterday and the branch manager told me I can deposit the stimulus check but they need approval from higher ups

BDO told me the same thing about an income tax check, they need approval from higher ups. After three weeks without an answer, I went back to the bank.

They told me no, so I picked up the check. if I never went back to hear their decision, I'd still be waiting for an answer years later.

Bob  ~

It's more fun in the Philippines. 🤣😂

Just got back from the bank looking for missing wire transfers.

Open a dollar account with BDO or UCPB but they will get an approval from the higher ups before they will accept your stimulus check . That happened to me with UCPB there will be $30 charge and I think it will be 30 working days before the check cleared . Tell them that what happened to in UCPB BALIWAG BRANCH.

Hi may i know the requirements to open a bank account at security bank?

Hi, how will my friend cash my check in the US? When I'm here in PH?

Hi, how did your check sent to you here in PH? Did you use LBC, FedEx, DHL? My friend has my check and I wanted it to be sent here in PH since I don't know how he will cash it there without my signature. Please help

He won't be able to cash it anywhere cause that was my problem as well for a month now so the aunt of my friend is planning to send it to me thru fedex I think because LBC there is not allowing checks any more to be mailed.

thank you so much for the reply, I will tell my friend to send it to me through FedEx as well. When are you planning to send the check? How many days will it take for me to receive it?

You're welcome! She's going to send it to me later morning sa kanila then it will take around 14 days to arrive. You can choose naman if you want it faster pero mas pricey ikaw bahala.

Hi You mentioned u opened an Acct at land bank, thought if you are not a legal citizen in Philippines you can open a bank acct there. Please explain.

How an I open bank account In Philippines not being a citizen here ? Need peso acct at very least. Currently have u.s. bank Acct's at chase and citi bank.Live in Philippines as of now.

Hi, I just wanna ask again, how much will it cost sa pagpapadala ng check dito sa PH? Cause my friend told me na it's 140$. Sayo magkano?

Land Bank will not open an account if you are on visitor visa. PNB will open account and you can use your stim check to open it. I have tried both banks and this is what each bank told me.

Land Bank would not open account for me because I am not permanent resident But PNB did and let me use my stimulus check to open it. The deference is Land bank open want $100 and PNB wants $500

I will share my experience. I've tried to BDO, BPI and Security bank but they didn't accept my stimulus if you're not a US citizen  so I went to Landbank last week. first i ask the teller if they accept stimulus check she said "Yes if you have an account". But i dont have an account yet. So the next morning i went back just to open an account and to deposit my check to my suprise other teller told me that they didn't accept stimulus check anymore because bla bla bla a lot of reason, but i continue to open an account. (Monday) i chat the official Landbank fb page and website  i ask them if i can deposit stimulus check from US they replied "Yes you can deposit foriegn check on you landbank account as long as its active". And i went to Landbank again deposit my check. They hesitate not to accept my check because they told me they  will not accept stimulus check anymore. But i showed to them our conversation (official Landbank) that i can deposit my check. They asked me a lot of questions. And after that they accept my check and it will be 1 month so on for clearing banking days.

I have a US bank account with Capitol one and USAA, you can take a picture of the check and deposit with them then transfer the money to a PH bank account for $3 or $4. Right now I use Remity but all of them are inexpensive for bank account to bank account.

This was mention. It's the same way I deposited my paper check. I am with bank in usa. They allow you to take picture of both front and back of the check. And deposit it electronically over their bank app

Good morning. I received my stimulus check last month. Upon inquiry at Landbank, they told me that they need a certain voucher or documents from the US for me to open the account and deposit my check eventhough the check is under my name. Any idea or suggestion please on how can I go about that? Thank you so much

Depends on which branch you go to. I have Landbank and they only ask for my SS card and local id. They never asked for passport or ACR card. Only need to open a peso account not dollar account. I just opened a second passbook peso account for my social security direct deposit. The second account only cost me p100 to open.

I encashed mine! Try RCBC. I did mine at RCBC they do accept warrant checks like treasury checks from the US. I had 2 checks on hand and they were able to encash it. What I did was, I opened a dollar account ( you must have $500 as your maintaining balance for your account ) also you must have 2 valid id's and that's it. It's only a one day process thank God I already did mine because one of my check is about to expire. Anyway after that you will need to wait for like 21 to 22 days for the clearing process (doesn't include non banking days ) then after the 21-22 days try calling them first then confirm if you can withraw from your bank account.

* also they will deduct $5 on how many checks you need to put in your account *
ex. you have 2 treasury checks they will deduct $10.

Hope this helps. Stay safe everyone :)

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Carmina Francisco wrote:

The fastest way of receiving the money.

(1) Download the mobile app for your stateside account and deposit the check.
(2) If you don't have an account use a trusted person in the states with a bank account.
(3) Once the money is in the account, send the money to your account in the PH via "Wise".
(4) If you don't have a bank account in the PH have them send the money via Western Union.

I deposited a tax refund check this way

I have been using this approach for a while now with no issues.

How do you deposit to another persons account?

Hi, I just want to ask if what requirement did you bring to Landbank?

Hi, would like to ask you, my treasury check will expire this Sept 25 is that ok if I deposit it at landbank before it expire? and what is the requirement opening dollar account at Landbank? Thank you

It's the same for alI PI banks Ibelieve.  Be sure to deposit it in person before the check expires and you will be okay. If it does expire before you deposit it then your only option is to claim it on your taxes. Also if you have a US bank account you can deposit it with a deposit app in most cases.

Have at least two valid photo-bearing IDs;
two copies of your most recent ID photo;
your Alien Certificate of Registration card (ACR I-card); and
a first deposit (amount to be confirmed with your bank

Open a Security Bank account. They process checks in 8 banking days. I have deposited three checks with them and it never took longer than 8 banking days. Good luck.