Unsprayed organic/bio food

Hello Belize expats

I am becoming interested in Belize. Presently in Ecuador, I would like to know about the situation with fresh food in Belize. I am concerned only with FRUIT and a few vegetables .

1-I realize probably that , unlike in USA, there is no certification of organic fruit in Belize and local farmers cannot afford the poisonous sprays (thank God) but can you tell me if there are farmers or families there growing fruit who DO NOT spray (and can be  trusted to be truthful about this), out of care for health of earth, animal and  human?

2- are there "organic markets" outdoor or indoor featuring fruits?

3- are there "natural food shops" where one can find personal care products like pure baking soda without added aluminum.... pure cocoanut oil, castor oil, epsom salts , himalayan pink salt etc.... items for those who are concerned with natural and ancient ways of herbal /non-invasive healing?

4- Do Monsanto and GMO have a presence in Belize? How much?

5- Do you know if it is possible to find things like colon hydrotherapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, iridology and naturopathy there? How popular is this there?

6- Is it possible to find shamanic local indigenous medecine wo/men and herbalists who will see expats?

7- Is there a metaphysical community in Belize?

This is my first post. Thank you for your help! :top:

Depending where you settle in Belize, there are organic farms.  How organic is the question.

I live in the Cayo distrct snd do buy organic from certified vendors.

http://www.pro-organicbelize.org/

Hi , whilst you can source some of the items you mentioned like pink salt,  health shops, chiropractic treatments, loads of yoga and massage. You can purchase healthy oils , herbal medicines, local herbalalists, shamans are few and far.
As for organic you can purchase locally but in the larger markets produce comes from Mexico and is gmo or sprayed with chemicals. For example its hard to purchase fresh garlic as its all brought in from China. Depending  which part of the country you live in there are farmers markets with organic.
I'm into the metaphysical but not aware of any groups. Information is hard to find.

Acupuncture is available in some areas too.

Thank you.

Thanks for asking something I was also wondering about! :) Anyone know if you can buy clay (bentonite, kaolin, rhassoul etc.) in Belize?

The Kwatamani Tribe grows fantastic, organic greens (no fruit) and deliver every week. https://www.facebook.com/kwatamani

The small Mennonite farms are a good place to start for organics. Most small fruit and vegetable stands are small growers that are not likely to use any pesticides or herbicides. You actually have to have a license in Belize to purchase and use most pesticides/herbicides. I can only get a very limited number of products to use for my wee-wee ants .