Dominican Nationality obtained by marriage - any advice is welcome!

Hi guys,

I hope you are staying safe and healthy through these challenging times!
After 4 years living in the DR, I would like to get the Dominican citizenship through the naturalization process. Right now, I have a tarjeta de residencia (RT-9 type) which expires annually.
I am married to a Dominican Citizen since 4 years and luckily I have a steady job.
Morevoer, I have already found a guarantor who is willing to help me. She owns a car and an apartment and her name appears on both property titles.
Yesterday I've contacted Lishali Baez for getting more information and since she is very active in the forum and also well-known from other users, I think she is the most indicated person who can ably guide me through this process.
Anyway, is there anyone who already dealt with this process? and how was it?
I welcome any suggestions or feedback on this topic.
Gracias por su tiempo.

Elia

Good to hear you contacted Lishali. She is pretty amazing at what she does.   I was not aware you needed a guarantor  when you are married to a Dominican!

I have not gone through this so hopefully others  chime in!

Hi Planner,

Yes, she is.

According to the information I get from the Ministerio de Interior y Policía webpage, I need a guarantor since I do not own a property here in DR and also I don't have a car (avid UBER user lol)
You can see this in the following extract:

En la declaración las garantías deben estar descritas de la siguiente manera:

Inmueble: Conforme figura en el certificado de título, además debe anexar copia del certificado de título y original de la certificación de estado jurídico del inmueble emitida por el Registro de Títulos Correspondiente en donde indique que se encuentre libre de derechos reales accesorios, cargas, gravámenes, anotaciones y/o medidas provisionales. (Vigente).

Vehículo: Indicando todos los datos de la matrícula, además anexar copia de la matrícula del vehículo y original de la certificación de no oposición emitida por la DGII (Vigente).

Cuenta Bancaria: Indicando nombre del Banco, tipo y número de cuenta, monto y saldo promedio, anexar original de la carta Bancaria.

Declaración jurada sobre la solvencia económica del solicitante, notariada y legalizada en la Procuraduría General de la República mediante la cual pone en garantía Inmueble, Vehículo y Cuenta Bancaria. Si el solicitante es casado, debe aportar la autorización de su esposo (a) en ese mismo acto. Anexar copia a color de las cédulas de identidad de (l) (la) esposo (a) del solicitante y de los testigos que figuren en el acto. (Este documento deberá ser hecho en hojas Notariales 8 ½ X 14).

Source: https://www.mip.gob.do/index.php/requisitos-matrimonio

In few words, I need a Dominican guarantor who has those requirements. Marriage with a Dominican citizen is not enough to request citizenship, it helps but it is definitely not enough.

Elia

Check out Maria Abreu on YouTube she is a lawyer who specializes on expat issues. She has numerous videos on just this particular subject.

Please do not bother.   This woman has numerous complaints about her and her services.  We no longer refer anyone to her!

Not saying you have to use her but the info regarding precisely this topic could be useful is all I was implying cheers.

I fell for the trap, saw it here, nice videos, informative website, nice lady, works on slower than DR time if possible and zero results.

I personally know several people who paid her extremely high rates with either zero results or totally screwed up files!!!!

Lishali has been able to fix several of those messes!

Gman123 wrote:

Check out Maria Abreu on YouTube she is a lawyer who specializes on expat issues. She has numerous videos on just this particular subject.

Stay away.  FAR away.  Don't even bother with anything related.  It will lead to nothing but trouble.  Jeez, I can't imagine how she is still in business and not in jail.

To dog pile on....I met someone at the friggin supermarket in Las Terrenas that got cheated by her!! Took his money and never heard from her. Unfortunately expats trying to find their way are guided by slick marketing in lieu of helpful information. Hopefully we can provide some of that here. Helpful info that is   ;)

Thanks @planner @RockyM @UncleBuck and @DRVisitor for the warning.
Anyway, I will be working with Lishali since I saw only positive reviews about her way to work and this made me feel more comfortable in choosing her.
If everything goes smooth (and I am sure it will), I will create a thread to describe more in depth the naturalization process.
Thanks again for having shared this information.

Good to hear.  And we are here to answer any questions honey!

By the way, do any of you know her contact (like mobile number and/or whatsapp)?
Thanks.

I sure do,  1-809-860-1231

muchas gracias!

Your question confuses me, I'll be getting my residency via marriage as well-my spouse is going to be signing for me- I'll have no property as well.
My advice, get a Dominican immigration attorney. I'm coming over from the U.S soon and my attorney is going to do all of the apostilles, translation, etc. obviously she knows the laws as well-tons of worries off of my shoulders!!

You need to file there first Scropiana!    Make sure you get a residency visa from there.

I completed Naturalization by Marriage myself. My wife did a lot of the work as well.    Took 16 months and $1,616 USD.

The only thing I had to use lawyers for were notary services for the guarantors.
For those not familiar,  notaries in the DR have to be lawyers, which is quite different than in the USA.

https://migracion.gob.do/en/servicio/ma … alization/

Yes, “my attorney “ is in Dominica...

Scorpiana wrote:

Yes, “my attorney “ is in Dominica...

Which won't help much in The Dominican Republic.

Now that was funny!!!!   :dumbom:

Let me clarify-I'm utilizing the services of an immigration attorney located in the DR...can't get much better than this.

Scorpiona he had a chuckle at your expense.  Dominica is another island not that far away.   We get you!

Yes! I KNOW this woman also. She is in the town where I lived. Even there it was known that alot of hype but no results. Sadly can't think of anyone to recommend. I paid a deposit of $700 to one guy and got zip for it!!  There is one guy Francisco Hernandez who I found to be honest and good at being an attorney.  That said best advice is references from people you know who did it.

There are a lot of referrals to  Lishali if anyone needs an immigration lawyer.  She also does other things of course!