New members of the Gibraltar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Gibraltar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Gibraltar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Whilst I am not new to this forum, my last contribution was some years ago when we first decided to move to Gibraltar.  Various circumstances forced us to put our move on hold, but we are now actively trying to sell our villa on the Costa Brava (where we live full time) and move to Gibraltar.

To some, buying an apartment would be ideal. But we are now retired and we wish to live off the proceeds from our intended sale, added to our basic U.K. pensions. It therefore will make more sense to us to look for a long-term or "open-ended" lease for us to live out our retirement.

I will have a few questions to ask in the hopefully near future, and having had experience already with all the friendly people I found on this forum, I hope to ask questions as well as respond to any I can.

Best wishes to all, and we hope to see you soon, Gib!

Hello costabravamark,

Welcome once more, and I hope that this time, your plans will come to fruition.  :)

Feel absolutely free to ask for advice and insights from our members by starting new threads on the Gibraltar forum to carry through your plans of moving here.  :idontagree:

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi

My name is Mandy.

I am a single female and have decided that I am at an age (54) that I want something different in life.

The pandemic has taught me that I need to follow my dreams.  I have never been to Gibraltar but that does not stop me loving the place.  I have seen sooo much of it on social media, the internet etc that I have been inspired to want to live there.

I have a property to sell and hope I can do this soon and maybe even get a job over there.

Has anyone any advice they can give me.  This is such an exciting venture for me and I look forward to hearing off anyone that can support me.

TIA

Mandy

Hi everyone,

We are a family from Norway/Morocco, looking to relocate to Gibraltar. Any information on apartments to let and schools for our 9 and 11 year olds + nursery for 3 year old would be much appreciated!

Hi Guys, looking to relocate to Gibralter in the next few months and looking for employment, any good wedsites or contacts would be appreciated

Thanks
A

I Will relocate to Gibraltar by September and I would like to share a flat or to rent a room with in a flat.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please post in housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you for your quick reply.
How much are you asking for

£975 pm exclusive

Hi all! My fiancee and I are moving to Gibraltar in a few weeks from England. He is British and I am Canadian (or from 'Canadia') as he likes to call it). We are both avid beach volleyball (and indoor) players and love to boulder! We are looking for some peeps to sport with =).

I am a physiotherapist and still looking for a job in Gibraltar if anyone has any connections etc. 
Thanks! See you soon... on the Rock.

We are currently living in Santa Cruz, Tenerife and want to relocate to Gibraltar in retirement. Restrictions on travel have held up our plans we are both British pensioners and want to rent in Gibraltar long term. We are both fluent in Spanish and English, we have spent time in Gibraltar previously, short term stays. Plan to spend time in Gibraltar prior to moving to find a suitable apartment to rent before we sell up in Canarias. Does anyone have information of formalities entering Gibraltar on the land border with La Linea, tests required for covid/EU vacation certificate etc.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969306

Thanks!

Closed