New members of the Gibraltar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Gibraltar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Gibraltar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

my husband and i have secured a berth in ocean village for 12 months...

we and the boat are still in the uk at the mo, awaiting date to transport the boat via truck from Poole to Gib.

we are keen to become live on boards for 12 months but aware we need a blue card/civilian Reg card. to stay beyond 90 days.

has anyone got any info in regards to using the marina invoice as proof of residency? aware the government form asks for copy of tenancy agreement and last three months utility bills or proof of connection....which we will not have as we will be living on a boat not on land.

has any one been able to use the fact they they live on their boat as proof of accommodation?

also any contacts for private health insurance as ive been quoted from the uk crazy figures.

we have been living in Mallorca and Greece in the past on our boat - but now out of EU it is hard to stay beyond 90 days.

any help on how we can make this work? if we can only stay 3 months - any recommendations on how we can stay over seas for longer- ie via Marocco or Portugal

anyone in the same situation and can provide insurance companies/  an agent that can help us secure residency?

is there a live a board community that we can become involved with as keen to make new friends as well as sail the local waters.

kind regards

Karen
I have received a job offer for moving there, however, I am unsure if the offered salary will be enough for our family to live there, plus find a school for my young daughter, etc...

I am from Cadiz and I was familiar with the area, I have been more than 20 years away now, but I would not live in La Linea or other nearby locations my focus would be for the whole family to live in Gibraltar

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013119

Thanks!

Closed