Covid vaccinations - please

OK, so what are people's plans for vaccinations here?

I'm not looking to "parachute" in front of others in the lines that will be sure to come BUT I sure would love to get any advantage that an aging norte americano might have access to PLUS I'd like to see folks at our consulates also get their vaccinations so that some of the business of the day can start occurring once again. I'm quite sure that the consulate staff in Recife won't start seeing us to address our needs until we're vaccinated and I want to get back to the processes I had started pre-Covid.

Thoughts?
MattB

Really have not heard of a plan. Pizer stopped the emergency use submittal, due to the amount of time AVisa is taking.
Would like to know what vaccine and when it will come here.

Anvisa seems to have one eye on Bolsonaro -- who apparently couldn't care less -- and the other on the supply of needles and syringes, which the major newspapers are reporting will be the next bottleneck, after the vaccine(s) is(/are) approved.  The one thing that Pazuello supposedly had going for him when he became Minister of Health was that he's a "logistics expert"; but real logistics experts aren't usually surprised by shortages of vital supplies.

I'll get it when my age group is called by SUS, but if that's before May, I'll be pleasantly surprised.   :huh:

ealth Alert: January 14, 2021

Event: CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement to All Air Passengers Entering the United States

Effective January 26, 2021, all air passengers, two years of age and older, traveling to the United States are required to have a negative pre-departure test result for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)  within three days of their flight's departure.  Air passengers must provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19, including a positive test result and a letter from a health professional certifying recovery.  If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

Please note that aircraft crew members and children under two years of age are exempt from this requirement. 

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil will continue to update our COVID-19 page with additional information about this requirement.   

Actions to Take:

Review the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) FAQs on the COVID-19 test requirement.

For information about COVID-19 testing in Brazil, please see the U.S. Embassy's COVID-19 page 

Visit the CDC's website for information on COVID-19.

See the State Department's Level 4 Travel Advisory for Brazil 

If you have questions, contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General closest to you.   

Follow the U.S. Mission to Brazil on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy.

Texanbrazil wrote:

ealth Alert: January 14, 2021

Event: CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement to All Air Passengers Entering the United States

Effective January 26, 2021, all air passengers, two years of age and older, traveling to the United States are required to have a negative pre-departure test result for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)  within three days of their flight's departure.  Air passengers must provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19, including a positive test result and a letter from a health professional certifying recovery.  If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

Please note that aircraft crew members and children under two years of age are exempt from this requirement. 

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil will continue to update our COVID-19 page with additional information about this requirement.   

Actions to Take:

Review the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) FAQs on the COVID-19 test requirement.

For information about COVID-19 testing in Brazil, please see the U.S. Embassy's COVID-19 page 

Visit the CDC's website for information on COVID-19.

See the State Department's Level 4 Travel Advisory for Brazil 

If you have questions, contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General closest to you.   

Follow the U.S. Mission to Brazil on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy.

Yep, after seeing this last week, I have decided to beat feet out of Brazil for a while and head back to my home in Oregon, just in case this situation gets worse and the sh.. hits the fan. I fly out of GRU Sunday.

rraypo,

Stay safe!