Student loan for tuition

Hello,
I have interested on applying for a dutch university, and I saw they have a student loan for tuition for EU students.
DUO says that you must be enrolled, at the first day of the month, to be eligible for the loan. BUT, do I need to pay anything of the tuition to be enrolled at the course?
How this works exactly? I'm confused...

Hi again.

Had to ask a friend because I went to Uni in the UK; his opinion is that the loan is paid out on day 1 of the course start date, so it should be possible to pay once you have the money.  My advice is to speak to the University you are planning on applying to and ask them up front to check on loan availability and confirm you would be entitled, then you have the answer from an accountable source.

There is a Student website dedicated to English speaking courses in the Netherlands; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

The current information provided by DUO is not adequate.

Here's a link with full of information about Dutch study finance for EU students:

avantadvocaten.nl/the-right-to-dutch-student-finance-of-eu-students-studying-in-the-netherlands/

You can contact Avant Advocaten located in Utrecht for legal advice, they assisted me very well with my case against DUO.

Hello Andrea,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your message and for trying to help.

But unfortunately, the Op's questions were asked in 2020!

I invite you to browse on the Netherlands forum and to participate in more active threads.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed