Doing business in romania

hello,

I am currently running a business in another European country. my business is pretty high in revenue (high 6 figures). I am looking to move to Romania but I have some concerns about corruption in the country and if it's safe for someone with a decent business to move these. All my clients are foreign (if that makes any difference) I would appreciate it if anyone who runs a business in Romania and if you encounter any issues.

Looking forward to your answers!

Hello,

You can do business in Romania the same like in EU countries, România is not a corrupted country.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I believe the government systems in Romania tend much more towards bureaucratic/incompetent than corrupt. I have an English friend who has been operating a headhunting agency in Bucuresti for 20+ who may be able to offer some insights.

I grew up in Romania, so, I'm more than familiar with the issues on this land. Thanks for the recommendation (I know friends who are looking for jobs)!

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. They are just incompetent and unadapted, most of the people working in public sectors

I fight with them every day...

😂🤣😅😂

We have had a company in Romania.  Corruption exists but we avoid it by not selling to such companies.  If the company - many state owned - continues then eventually they go bancrupt and we take the business ir the people receiving g bribes bribes go to prison.
We have had our company for 20 years with growing sales every year and profits
Roger

I have been here 10 years. There is a lot of corruption politically but business wise not much at all.
There are a lot of opportunities here for sure.
What kind of business is it?