Temporary ACR-1 to Permanent

Originally when getting the temporary ACR-1 card after jumping through many hoops and  brick walls it was achieved in about five  trips to Bureau of Immigration.

Now time for me to pursue the permanent ACR-1 card and getting prepared for second round of hoops and brick walls. My stepson was going to handle it this time for me.

A trip to the local Philippine National Police resulted in being told foreign nations had to go to the main PNP office. With the pandemic you needed to make an appointment, the earliest appointment available was weeks away. Just before the appointment my stepson was wondering why he never received an acknowledged of the online fee payment.  Contacting PNP they said they had a computer glitch and the appointment was lost and to make another appointment which was weeks away. (From beginning to end almost two months)

Off to the PNP, as yesterday was appointment date. All went well until they entered my data and a warning sign flashed on their machine. It seems another person with my name was in their database and I should come back tomorrow. My stepson asked if they could check it out today. (Now my first & last name are not common names, there are only two other people in the states that have my name.) They agreed and said come back in two hours so we went to Jollibees across the street for two hours. After their checking the other person with my  name was me.

Off to the Bureau of Immigration. My son handled all the paperwork. Now mind you, if you have the Temporary ACR-1, you must submit new paperwork for everything that you submitted the first time.
At one point the paperwork was rejected because he left blank the line that asked for flight number and date you entered the Philippines. (I entered the Philippines in August 2018 and now they want my flight number?)

After careful thought I remembered PAL only had two flights a day from LAX to MNL, morning and night. Everyday the flight number was the same. So on to PAL website and check the flight number for a future booking, BINGO we had the flight number.

Do you thing BI checks out any of the info they are asking for? Per example my childrens name and birth date, what a joke because I already have grand children through them.

Now they waived the late fees but the fee for the permanent ACR-1 card was 9,000 PHP. Now my stepson went to the BDO  Atm close by. For some reason this machine was set for 3,000 PHP maximum not the 10,000 what we are custom  to. Strange? So three withdrawals later, we were ready.

Also we asked for an expedite of the ACR-1 card hoping to get it yesterday. They said an expedite is not available and come back in two to three months.

Hi Bob, appreciate your in-depth contribution and angst and have to ask firstly why you had problems getting your initial ACR1 card, I have done this twice over the years and appeared to be mandatory after 59 days in country and to date was simply paying the fees,,,,,, no paperwork, Intramuros and San fernando La Union.

I am curious that you mention temporary ACR,,,,,, permanent ACR and while I have never heard of these/this new category see my ACR card labelled TVV (visa type) so can only assume "temporary Visitor Visa".
Long term? obviously from your post there will come a day of reckoning for me.........
I was off to immi today for my visa renewal, things changed and tomorrow,,,,, yes renewal and I will ask the powers that be "what is a permanent ACR" do I need that etc.
Will keep you and others posted.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Hi Bob, appreciate your in-depth contribution and angst and have to ask firstly why you had problems getting your initial ACR1 card, I have done this twice over the years and appeared to be mandatory after 59 days in country and to date was simply paying the fees,,,,,, no paperwork, Intramuros and San fernando La Union.

I am curious that you mention temporary ACR,,,,,, permanent ACR and while I have never heard of these/this new category see my ACR card labelled TVV (visa type) so can only assume "temporary Visitor Visa".
Long term? obviously from your post there will come a day of reckoning for me.........
I was off to immi today for my visa renewal, things changed and tomorrow,,,,, yes renewal and I will ask the powers that be "what is a permanent ACR" do I need that etc.

Cheers, Steve.

Let me see if I can answer these questions. Most of the trips required getting corroborating paperwork of required documents.

For example a trip to the Philippine Consul in LA a five hour drive to change my wifes passport to her new married name and done at least six months prior returning to the Philippines. (Certified marriage certificate.) They issued a new passport and a red ribbon paper certifying the legality of the marriage.

We arrived in the Philippines in August 2018. Two months before my one year visa expired we went to Immigration, unknown to us  they don't accepted red ribbon certifications from their consulates anymore.  So additional paperwork for my wife to get certification of our marriage here in the Philippines.

There were lots of paperwork required including notarized  marriage contract and the forms you had to fill out were like a mine field, so redundant, it was hard for me to comprehend what they wanted as answers.

As a side note on my fifth trip for the Temp ACR-1 card I met a couple, he was born in Palestine, was a professional in UAE and met his wife a Philippine National (Nurse) and they had been married for years. They had a farm out in the provinces, each time they had to fly into Manila and book a hotel. They had done this several times and the holdup was the color of the cover of his passport.

Also, the paperwork needs to be updated as not to be a quagmire. When you look at the crowd of people, probably only 20% are there for the first time. The other 80% are there for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time like us. The rules and regulations are not up to standards. Just a bunch of paper shuffled from one window to another, each window finding some fault with the paperwork,  at the end it's probably  shredded without anyone fact checking. I've spent more money on Grab than probably all the fees, at least it seems that way.

When I applied for my ACR-1 card approximately June 2018, they no longer issued permanent ACR-1 cards, only temporary (probationary) ACR-1 cards because they want to see if you're a good citizen? and if you did not get into trouble, then they will grant you permanent status.

My own conclusion is that many have given up and thrown in the towel. My advise to them is move to the boonies, don't cause any trouble and live a happy life and save fee after fee.

So good luck Steve,

Enzyte Bob wrote:
bigpearl wrote:

Cheers, Steve.

Let me see if I can answer these questions. Most of the trips required getting corroborating paperwork of required documents.

For example a trip to the Philippine Consul in LA a five hour drive to change my wifes passport to her new married name and done at least six months prior returning to the Philippines. (Certified marriage certificate.) They issued a new passport and a red ribbon paper certifying the legality of the marriage.

We arrived in the Philippines in August 2018. Two months before my one year visa expired we went to Immigration, unknown to us  they don't accepted red ribbon certifications from their consulates anymore.  So additional paperwork for my wife to get certification of our marriage here in the Philippines.

There were lots of paperwork required including notarized  marriage contract and the forms you had to fill out were like a mine field, so redundant, it was hard for me to comprehend what they wanted as answers.

As a side note on my fifth trip for the Temp ACR-1 card I met a couple, he was born in Palestine, was a professional in UAE and met his wife a Philippine National (Nurse) and they had been married for years. They had a farm out in the provinces, each time they had to fly into Manila and book a hotel. They had done this several times and the holdup was the color of the cover of his passport.

Also, the paperwork needs to be updated as not to be a quagmire. When you look at the crowd of people, probably only 20% are there for the first time. The other 80% are there for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time like us. The rules and regulations are not up to standards. Just a bunch of paper shuffled from one window to another, each window finding some fault with the paperwork,  at the end it's probably  shredded without anyone fact checking. I've spent more money on Grab than probably all the fees, at least it seems that way.

When I applied for my ACR-1 card approximately June 2018, they no longer issued permanent ACR-1 cards, only temporary (probationary) ACR-1 cards because they want to see if you're a good citizen? and if you did not get into trouble, then they will grant you permanent status.

My own conclusion is that many have given up and thrown in the towel. My advise to them is move to the boonies, don't cause any trouble and live a happy life and save fee after fee.

So good luck Steve,

I got my 1YEAR tourist ACR-I  3 times.  Just pay the fee. No issues. For Visa,  its only 6 months each time. My current Visa expires in April 2021.

I should mention mine renewal is for ARC-1 & obtaining 13A

"At one point the paperwork was rejected because he left blank the line that asked for flight number and date you entered the Philippines. (I entered the Philippines in August 2018 and now they want my flight number?)" hahahaha

A good point to note & I guess a heads up for all....always keep a copy of your last flight ticket into the Philippines & Province (I always do)...especially post covid 19...best to have all tickets/docs/certs & extra photocopies on hand to prevent unnecessary delays/frustration.
Omo

Enzyte Bob wrote:

I should mention mine renewal is for ARC-1 & obtaining 13A

Ah, I thought you were talking about ACR1, now I understand your situation, good luck sorting it out.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Bob
Now I understand.
I also applied or the ACR-I and had no issues at all.
It was easily done here in Cebu.
Now indeed for the 13A, that is indeed very challenging and need a lot of paper.
PSA CEMar, Brgy Certificate, ACR-I, medical record, BI record of no criminal offence, ... many more. Mostly the give you the checklist of Neede documents and the forms to be filled out.
If you are lucky you can process the 13A in 4 months.

Regards

Unfortunately the BI department aren't the most brightest and efficient people. Nobody ever thinks about it if the shoe was on the other foot...but if you want to stay in this awesome country you have to bypass the uneducated people behind the desk. My nephew does it for me because I have personal issues with dumb people who won't try to seriously help someone who is here to be a part of this amazing country 👏 ❤ 🙌...

SvenToune wrote:

Hi Bob
Now I understand.
I also applied or the ACR-I and had no issues at all.
It was easily done here in Cebu.
Now indeed for the 13A, that is indeed very challenging and need a lot of paper.
PSA CEMar, Brgy Certificate, ACR-I, medical record, BI record of no criminal offence, ... many more. Mostly the give you the checklist of Neede documents and the forms to be filled out.
If you are lucky you can process the 13A in 4 months.

Regards

After I got my NBI report , which took 2 weeks it took me one day to get all my paperwork turned in and my interview done here in northern Luzon (La Union Province)