Public elementary schools Kalamata

Hello!

Next year me and my family will move to Kalamata. We would like our kids to attend to a public elementary school in Kalamata. Most important for us is that our kids feel welcome at the school, that there is a good atmosphere and preferably if they have some experience with foreign children. Our children will be aged 5 and 8. The youngest just speaks Dutch, our oldest speaks Dutch and Romanian, and has been getting English at school as well. Since two weeks we started practising Greek at home daily and will continue to do this until we move beginning of september.

We already heard about the 10th elementary school, but also understood that this one is pretty popular so you have to have some luck to be admitted.

Any advice on schools will be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Matthijs

Hello,

Greek public schools are very bad. The majority of Greek people enrolls children in private schools.

You might consider private,not the very private,like normally expensive,but the local private that pick up and drop off the children at their doors in yellow vans,I think the children are happier here,less numbers of course and no bullying.Its not too much money.

Yes local private school. After, must see with them how they manage non-Greek speaking kids...

Hi Matthijs,

Just saw your post.

We're in pretty much the same boat.

Looking at the 10th school but considering others including private if we don't have any luck.

Have you made any progress so far in choosing a school?

Hi did u have any luck?

Hi Sophia, yes everything ok. A nice kindergarden for pur youngest son, and my daughter started this week in class 3 of a very nice local school!

Ah nice. Which school is she at?

We put our kids in bougas school