Expat health insurance

Greetings -

How do you expats deal with health insurance? Is there a universal insurance policy that I can buy that will work in most of Asia countries?

TIA.

It's worth checking with some of the major insurance companies such as Prudential, Alliance, AXA etc as they might have such an insurance.

I contacted Prudential recently (in Malaysia) about a week ago asking the same question and they do have one that covers the Asia region, but it's quite expensive. I believe the premium they quoted me was around US$8,000 per year which is beyond what I am willing to pay as I am not working. But perhaps the premium is less if you contact them in Thailand.

I think April International and Cigna Global offer regional plans but it will cost you more.  You might consider single country plan and use travel insurance when you visit other countries.

My insurance covers me 100% in the country where I live (Indonesia) and gives percentage coverage for certain other countries in Asia such as 50% in Malaysia and 25% coverage in Singapore for hospitalization. The annual premium is still reasonable not unlike what many locals are paying.

Hello

Who is your carrier? I'm looking for Coverage with a reasonable premium which I've yet to find.

I contacted Cigna & GeoBue. They are relatively expensive in USD. Worldwide coverage except USA , no medical evac coverage. One can add those coverages to policy.

Cigna ==> Silver -- ~$375 / month --- Gold  -- ~$475 / month --- Platinum -- ~$675 /month
GeoBlue ==> ~$575 / month

The Cigna Gold has decent coverages. By the time adding on medical evac & basic US coverage, it would be around ~$625.

$625 x 12 ~$7.5K per year. What are the numbers that you are actually paying?