House insurance

Can anyone offer some advice on where to get a good inexpensive house insurance policy for our home here.
We've had a couple of very expensive quotes!
Is it better to insure through a UK company?
Obviously it's important that the company is reputable and will pay for a claim with the minimum of bother.
We have no language skills yet, ( trying to learn ), difficult when you're a fossil.
We are based in Perugia.

it depends.  Important factors are whether you rent out the house, how long you leave it uninhabited, whether you want earthquake insurance etc.   If its just a holiday home then a UK company is probably the easiest way to go.

@Kucers We live in the Comune di Assisi, near Valfabbrica. We've been here since September and own a house in the countryside (quite remote). If you can discover any property insurance info please share with us and we'll also share with you. Might be nice to meet up for dinner somewhere when the weather's nicer. My email is  ***  We are both retired, moved here from California. I write books and used to be a software engineer. I have a daughter in London and a son in California.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Unfortunately insurance here is very expensive. You can only use a UK agent if your property in Italy is a holiday home and you own property in the UK, then I would suggest the NFU.

Insurance companies offer property insurance for fire, theft, flood, etc although earthquake insurance isn't generally offered, even banks offer insurance so you shouldn't have any difficulty but if you go to https://www.paginegialle.it/ricerca/Ass … /Assisi%20(PG)?suggest=true you'll find someone near to you or you could contact our insurer who not only speaks English is also very helpful and we have had no issues with the few claims we've had to make.

Giovanni Rosi

Via Francesco Briganti 77

06127 Perugia

tel. 075.5002972 - fax 075.5010882

cell. 329.2162829

Hope this helps