Car hire in HCMC for B2 licence holder

Hi,
Expats who have converted their licence to VN and have TRC etc.

I know expats have cars and use their converted licence to drive, anyone use their VN licence to hire a self drive car?

I have 3 year TRC & VN B2 licence but no idea who/where to hire a car for weekends away, can anyone help for HCMC?

Try this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chungxe.vn … river/amp/

colinoscapee wrote:

Try this

So it looks as if that is an agency, where the next listing looks to be a Kayak type site for multiple agencies?

colinoscapee wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chungxe.vn/blog/ho-chi-minh-car-rental-without-driver/amp/

???

Thanks mate i just sentbthem a message for hire info, cheers

It said $40 when i sent message they said $69,,, ive heard self drive from 600/800 upwards so 1.6mill sounds way over norm?

Anyone know current price?

Andybris2020 wrote:

It said $40 when i sent message they said $69,,, ive heard self drive from 600/800 upwards so 1.6mill sounds way over norm?

The price for Vietnamese nationals or for foreigners?

Here in VT they offer cars at 800k a day.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

How about Foreigners who live here with VN wife,,,

Andybris2020 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

How about Foreigners who live here with VN wife,,,

Then I guess if the Vietnamese wife does the renting, then you'll probably get the local rate

And what about if VN wife not have a car licence to show when renting lol

I asked her to find out about getting car licence she said tskes 6 months and 11mill sounds kinda wacky 6 months?

Andybris2020 wrote:

I asked her to find out about getting car licence she said tskes 6 months and 11mill sounds kinda wacky 6 months?

Sounds like you are better off paying the $29 white skin tax unless you plan on doing this a lot.

Not so sure on the "white skin tax"
Went to Vung Tau by bike my neck, legs and arms are a dark chocolate brown now  :lol:
But my grey hair & Aussie accent still gives me away.

Andybris2020 wrote:

Went to Vung Tau by bike my neck, legs and arms are a dark chocolate brown now  :lol:

The "tax" is what we were discussing earlier: the difference between the posted price and the price you were quoted when you contacted them directly and revealed yourself (through voice and/or skin color) to be a foreigner.

Is this really a 'foreign' concept to you?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

The "tax" is what we were discussing earlier: the difference between the posted price and the price you were quoted when you contacted them directly and revealed yourself (through voice and/or skin color) to be a foreigner.

Is this really a 'foreign' concept to you?

I was saying that my skin isnt so "White" now having just been to Vung Tau on a motorbike and getting a deep chocolate brown colour. Hence the joke/comment on not so sure on the white skin tax.

I think you missed the context of my comment even though it had a :lol: at the end of the comment,  being charged more for being a westerner in Vietnam is part of my daily routine it's like carrying a "white privilege" sign above my head with a big finger pointing down at me saying charge this guy extra.

It makes for interesting games me and the missus play when buying anything, I look on my own and she goes and buys it at the local viet price then we jump on our bike and laugh all the way home, creating many funny stories to tell to all our family and friends.

Like the time in Da Nang market when I got told 400k for a t-shirt that she bought 5 mins later for 70k oh my gosh did we laugh out loud that day.

Oh and the contact was through whatsApp by my missus in viet.

I just rented a car for 10 days, using https://www.mioto.vn/
Quite easy to connect and understand. (Kind of Airbnb but for cars).
The price shown was what I paid for.
I needed to transfer a deposit, and pay a part off the rental fee first.

Quite smooth process.
But I guess mioto is just a platform, it depends who is behind. It was Luxcar for me. And quite professional agency.

I've tried the Vinfast Sedan ;)

Hi,
Just downloading app,,, can you tell me what licence you have and what visa etc you have?

Also did price include insurance of any kind? Was there any kilometers included or did you have to pay per kilometer?

Is there a way to switch to English on the app?
Thanks

I got the local licence (Recently converted) and a resident card.
Price included some insurance yes (Not clear on the detail there)
For the km, I guess it depends, but in my case I had a quota of 250km a day, after that I would have paid some VND/km. But with VN roads, 250km is a lot already and they just check the average (So others 10 days, they just checked if I didn't do more than 2,500km!!)

I used google translate to do it, it was quite simple tho, then the company contacted and we handled it in english.

I google translated like you said in the conditions says need family book to hire,, did you use your partners? Or were they ok just with deposit etc.

Just deposit.
I had a provide my resident card, passport and show my license.
Nothing special.