Remote work

Is it legal to work remotely for a US company while living in Vietnam? If so, then how? I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this!

You mean working online. Give more details.

Jacob Rosquist wrote:

Is it legal to work remotely for a US company while living in Vietnam? If so, then how? I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this!

Online working "should" be fine depending how much you earn and where

Thanks! I was thinking about working remotely as a travel agent. As far as I know I would most likely take some sort of pay cut from whatever company I work for (at least that is what I've seen on the internet regarding US citizens working for a US company online while living overseas).

Yes.  If you are paid in USD to your account in the US and taxed on that income in the US you won't have any issues.  Because the tax rate in the US is higher than in VN you won't owe VN taxes.  Becasue both countries tax worldwide income you get credit for taxes paid in the other country and the tax paid in US is higher.

Thank you for the information!

Also what visa would be best in order to do this?

Jacob Rosquist wrote:

Also what visa would be best in order to do this?

Since you aren't actually working in Vietnam and you won't have a work permit the only real option is a tourist visa.

Hey Jacob,

You already got the best answers from the  Vietnam expat group
I founded this link quite interesting, perhaps you can take a look

https://www.internations.org/guide/glob … ing-abroad

Good Luck

Thanks!