Looking for a place to practice German language

Hello Namibian

I just started learning German language and thinking about finding a place to practice German language for few months in the future may be to start level B1. It is too expensive cost to move to Europe, so I just consider Namibia.
I just found out that there are about 30k native German speaker in Namibia but don't know how it is easy to meet a German speaker or may be now all of them moved to Germany.
Is it good and worth to visit Namibia for few months?
I would appreciate knowing your opinions on this.

I am originally from Namibia (German Descent).
My family originally moved from Germany to Namibia (Dad in 1954, Mom's Grandparents in 1904).

I went to a German School there, and in my family we only spoke German.

It is very easy to find a German in Namibia.  A lot of Germans move from Germany to Namibia, to retire.  (Mild weather, etc).

So to find a german you just can walk into most stores, and the owners might be German.
Or german-speaking.

Hi Wmorg. Which city in Namibia German retiree Choose the most destination . How can I find a room in German household or rented out by German.

I would probably say Windhoek and Swakopmund.  Regarding to find a room, you would probably have to check out the local Newspapers, and maybe Websites.  Not sure if there is Airbnb in Namibia.

Any one knows language center in Swakopmund offering German class?

Hello, anyone here

@ Thắng Trá»nh :

Welcome :)

A little more patience please, members will probably respond back soon.

Note that you can also post an ad in the language classes in Namibia section.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

@GuestPoster12341  i can recommend a private teacher

@GuestPoster12341  i can recommend a private teacher

- @cnkatha1
Hello @cnkatha1

Please note that this user is no longer a member of Expat.com

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@wmorg yes

I am looking for place to mingle with German language speakers,  so that I learn the German language easily.

Call 08**** Frau Naomy,  Windhoek
Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Goethe institute is the right place to learn German and meet German people.

Hallo...I want to learn German.

I am from Swakopmund.Is there anyone who can offer private lessons in Swakopmund ?