Travel to Cambodia

Hi guys,

I know this has been discussed, but I still can't quite get a grasp on the situation. I'm one of the many expats stuck out of the country right now. Is it at all possible to get a visa to return? And are any flights coming into the country?

According to posts on other forums, yes and yes. A guy from the UK reported his experience of flying into Phnom Penh. Apparently, he was quarantined for a week(?) and a $3000 deposit was required along with insurance and test results/certificate.

Not sure if Americans are allowed yet though.

It is possible to get a E (Ordinary) visa from a Cambodian embassy/consulate outside of Cambodia.
But: you need to either have a job and have a letter from your employer, or you need to have a letter of invitation from your future employer.

If you cannot fulfill one of these requirements you won'r be able to get a visa on forehand.

Visas on arrival are not possible anymore.

Realize that things can change overnight, so keep your eye on the news (Khmer Times or Phnom Penh Post).

Cheers

Joe

johnross23

Don't believe everything you hear or read.

Quarantine one week is impossible, it is 13 days after the first test.

$3000 deposit has been covered many times and should not be a surprise.
Every passenger arriving has to deposit $3000 at the bank at the airport, you get a receipt and need that to get the deposit minus costs back after 2 weeks.

From the airport you go in a bus to a hotel, where a first test is taken and you have to wait at that hotel for the results. If ALL passengers on your flight test negative you can go in self quarantine for 13 days at a previously given address.

If however only one passenger of your flight tests positive you ALL will be transported to a state appointed quarantine facility, mostly a hotel. All costs are yours.

If you test negative after 13 days following your first test you are free to go, but don't forget to get to the assigned bank to get the rest of your deposit back.

That's it, good luck.

Joe

Hello all, are there any updates about traveling to Cambodia?

No, it's still the same, mainly due to idiot foreigners that went partying and shopping during their self-quarantine.

So the systems are still in place. Get a E-visa from outside the country, get a covid test, insurance of 50K, and $2000 for the deposit.
In order to get the E-visa you need an employment letter or an invitation from a future employer.

There are not many flights coming into Phnom Penh, but the regular ones are Korean Air from Seoul, Eva Air from Taiwan and Silk Air (Singapore Airlines) from Singapore.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks for the update Joe. Do you have contact with foreigners that have come back to Cambodia recently?

Yes I have contact with some of the foreigners that successfully came (back) to Cambodia.

I also read many trip reports about smooth/complicated entry to the Kingdom.

And on top of that I follow the publications of the Government in order to know about eventual changes.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks Joe.
In your opinion what would be the best route to travel to the kingdom at the moment? I mean, would you say flying in from which country would give you the best chance of a positive result?

The last leg of your travel should be from Seoul,  Taiwan or Singapore.

If you have a valid extension of stay you can use that to enter the country.

If you don't have one you need to apply for an Ordinary visa from a foreign Cambodian consulate or embassy.
London seems to be very friendly but also Brussels seems to be ok.

Good luck.

Joe