Bus from Poipet to Siem Reap

I am after some bus information from poipet to Siem Reap

I'm catching the  morning train from Bangkok to Aran & riding my bicycle across the border, so I should cross the border around 1 in the afternoon.

Google search for bus I can only find is the Virak Buntham bus company but they leave at 8:30pm to 10:30pm.  I want to catch bus early afternoon the only other bus company that I can see is the Poipet International tourist bus thing which is a scam bus and I don't want to catch that because you pay double and you have to wait an hour or two for the bus to fill up...

Does anybody know of any other bus companies that have an afternoon bus from Poipet to Siem Reap?

Thanks

Hello.

There are 9 buses leaving in the morning, that's it.
I would consider staying overnight in Poipet and get one of the buses next morning.

Another way is to try to get a minivan [because of your bicycle], but probably no booking on forehand, you just have to ask once you arrive in Poipet.

A taxi costs $50, or if shared among 4 people $20 per person.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks Joe.. I will check out Poipet when I arrive & try a shared taxi/minibus. Not that keen on overnight stay in Poipet:)

I managed to score a taxi for $25 which was really good it was a Lexus RX300 so I was able to put my bike in the back of it and he took me to Siem Reap

Ackshon wrote:

I managed to score a taxi for $25 which was really good it was a Lexus RX300 so I was able to put my bike in the back of it and he took me to Siem Reap

Great, and thanks for feedback!

Joe

I'm in battambang at the moment and I heard  a train  go past my motel last night.

I went to the train station and it states on Wikipedia that that train station is closed, this is incorrect.

I  spoke to some locals who said a train comes through every second day and I did see the train it's a Czech Republic 1994 goods train, however it does have 2 passenger carriages which surprisingly have bench seats along the side of the carriage  not the normal in the middle.

Apparently this train starts at Poipet, travels through Battambang and goes to Phnom Penh.  However for locals it is free, I'm not sure the price for foreigners however next year I intend to travel back through Poipet and take this train

Ackshon, you can make corrections on wikipedia, top right corner 'edit' button, I'll let you take the credit   :cool:  Good find.

Ackshon wrote:

I'm in battambang at the moment and I heard  a train  go past my motel last night.

I went to the train station and it states on Wikipedia that that train station is closed, this is incorrect.

I  spoke to some locals who said a train comes through every second day and I did see the train it's a Czech Republic 1994 goods train, however it does have 2 passenger carriages which surprisingly have bench seats along the side of the carriage  not the normal in the middle.

Apparently this train starts at Poipet, travels through Battambang and goes to Phnom Penh.  However for locals it is free, I'm not sure the price for foreigners however next year I intend to travel back through Poipet and take this train

You didn't read all threads, as I posted this two weeks ago:  :Dhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 03#4261214

Cheers.

Joe