Getting a Khmer drivers license

I am looking to get a Cambodian drivers license and have been told different information. I have a Thai drivers license but not a current one from my home country. What would I need to do in order to get a Khmer license and how long would it be valid. Thanks for any assistance.

No license at all.

I had the same,  even had a 1 year Khmer license after my home country's license expired.

Then they changed the rules and as I don't have a valid license from my home country I cannot get a Khmer license.

Waiting for another change....  ;)

Cheers

Joe

Hello,

I now have a valid license from my home country. I went to a few agents in Siem Reap to try and get a Khmer license and none of the info matched. Can anyone tell me how I can get a license and how long will it be valid for? My license from the US is valid for five years. Thanks in advance.

Hello.

You have to go to PP, either to the Ministry or, much easier, to Aeon mall 2.

You can get in and out in 1.5 hours, including health and eye test.
I believe to have heard it costs about $30.

This is for a DL for one year.

There is a possibility to get a DL for 10 years, but quite complicated including speaking/reading Khmer.

Good luck.

Joe

I have a Cambodia license but my Australian one expires next year. Is it possible to sit the Cambodian license in English. I don't want to go back to Oz just renew my Australian license

my_guzzi wrote:

I have a Cambodia license but my Australian one expires next year. Is it possible to sit the Cambodian license in English. I don't want to go back to Oz just renew my Australian license

It might be Oz slang or a typo, but I have no idea what it means. Just curious.

Khmer DL is in Khmer language, that won't change.

What also won't change is the fact that you need to have a valid DL from your home country.

I had one year a Khmer DL, before the new rules, then lost it as I left my country 12 years ago.
It's ok, I don't drive anymore, PassApp and tuktuks are wonderful means of travel, surely in PP.

Cheers.

Joe