13A visa

I have my probationary visa. I will be going soon to file for my permanent 13A visa. Has anybody recently done this? Anyone know the cost? I'm have all my paperwork in order. Just curious of the cost. I only paid like 8,700 Philippino peso for the probationary visa. Thank you in advance

Dwsses12 wrote:

I have my probationary visa. I will be going soon to file for my permanent 13A visa. Has anybody recently done this? Anyone know the cost? I'm have all my paperwork in order. Just curious of the cost. I only paid like 8,700 Philippino peso for the probationary visa. Thank you in advance

I would like to know this too, I'm on a probationary visa (ARC-1) how much time should I allow before it expires and what more do I have to do for the 13A?

They told me to start 2 months prior your probationary Visa expires

Go to immigration.gov.ph  download check list for permanent visa and application form.  Rev-2
Or go to immigration to get form.

I usually do my tourist visa about 2 weeks before expire.  For 6 months extension.  Cost about 8k peso. I am here for more than 2 years.

12,182 peso in total for permanent visa fees.  I just left the immigration in Manila.  Now wait 1 month.

Where is the place you apply the Visa in Manila? The operation hours. Thanks

Dwsses12 wrote:

12,182 peso in total for permanent visa fees.  I just left the immigration in Manila.  Now wait 1 month.

Have you changed from probatory to Permanent? Or you just applied for Probatory

Richard Yan wrote:

Where is the place you apply the Visa in Manila? The operation hours. Thanks

If you mean Tourist visa it can be processed in any of the branches in NCR. Personally i only go to BI Main Office when i have no other choice but to go there, but for visa extension look for the nearest branch

Thanks bros 😀

This is my permanent visa. All done.

Dwsses12 wrote:

This is my permanent visa. All done.

Please Dwsses12 give us a little more information, you made it sound like a walk in the park. You walked into immigration in Manila, handed somebody 12,182 Pesos and now have your permanent visa.

I'm not a rocket scientist, I had many failed to launch in getting my temporary  visa ACR-1 card. So I can't imagine walking in, going to the front desk, with many people buzzing around like flies trying to get somebody's attention and handing them 12,182 pesos from my hot little hands.

What paperwork did you have to bring with you? Please walk us through the process, step by step. I don't want to repeat the aggravation in getting my ACR-1 Card. The process of taking somebody with me that speaks Tag but has no understanding of the immigration paperwork. So many useless trips, I'd rather have a root canal without novocaine than repeat the experience.

Posting URLs here can be problematic so try a search for this:

"Our Adventures Getting a 13A Permanent Non-Quota Immigrant Visa for a Foreign Spouse"

It appears to be very helpful but is 2017.

AaronAardvark wrote:

Posting URLs here can be problematic so try a search for this:

"Our Adventures Getting a 13A Permanent Non-Quota Immigrant Visa for a Foreign Spouse"

It appears to be very helpful but is 2017.

URL's are not sufficient, they sometimes get too technical and can lead to misunderstandings and wasted times. I've already done my research from URL's in getting my temporary ARC-1. It was a bad experience.

I'm made a request toDwssese12 with had actual first hand experience. But no response from him so maybe somebody else can relate their actual experience, mentor me through the process.

Referring me to URL's is like an experience in US stores, you ask for help and they say, it's in aisle five.
If it's not in aisle five we don't have it.

My deepest appreciation to anyone with hands on experience.

They get paid to help customers.  We do not. If I really needed something, I would check isle 5.  Its there or it isn't.

AaronAardvark wrote:

They get paid to help customers.  We do not. If I really needed something, I would check isle 5.  Its there or it isn't.

Check your snout Aardvark,  How do I get to "Isle" 5?

Take a boat to Spratly, turn left for 25 miles till I see Scarborough Shoals?

K-Mart shoppers go to "Aisle" 5 for the Blue Plate Special.

I processed my 13A in Canada before going to Philippines. I hear this is much quicker than doing it in country. Below is the list of documents and requirements provided to me by the Philippine Consulate here in Canada when I did my 13A. It's a lot of stuff and besides being notarized, they want each notarized document also "authenticated". So, after having a notary sign off on the document, you need to send the document and the notary's letter to a government department who will authenticate the notary. Once you have all documents the consulate will process and give you a single entry 13A visa and put all the documents in a sealed envelope that you take with you when you enter the Philippines. You enter using the single entry 13A. You then make your way to the immigration office in Manila (doesn't have to be right away) and present them with the envelope. They open and then tell you to go to the government quarantine department in a different part of Manila (nothing to do with covid) to drop of your medical records and get screened by a doctor. The quarantine dept. will stamp your passport and you go back to the immigration department. You then get sent to a dozen or so different 'windows" to process different parts of the visa (like photos, fingerprints, declarations, etc.) and pay a fee at each window (total about P 5,000). Once everything is done they will give you a claim ticket and you can go home. Took me about 11 hours all together. When your ACR (permanent resident) card is ready they will let you know and you go back to Manila to pick it up. I asked if any of this could be done at an immigration office other than Manila and was told NO! You can send an authorized agent to pick up the card if you don't want to go back to Manila for it. Once you apply its a nightmare to leave Philippines until your card is issued. Not impossible but you need to go through a whole process with notary's and government officials providing a letter that grants "special permission" to exit Philippines without the card. It took about 3 weeks for my card to be issued.

It's quite a process but if you have a marriage certificate from Philippines it's really just a formality and really worth having.

Again, The information below is from the Philippine consulate in Canada. Might be different for other countries. I suggest you contact the closest consulate in your home country for assistance. Hope this helps.

All applications for immigrant visas must be made in person.  In the case of a minor under fourteen (14) years of age, the application may be made for him by any person who, in the opinion of the consular officer, is responsible for his welfare.  The minor (not an infant in arms) shall be required to appear at the consular office for interview, accompanied by the person applying on behalf of the minor.
The consular officer shall require applicants, whether under the quota or non-quota categories, to accomplish FA Form No. 3 in duplicate at the Consulate General.  Applicants shall submit the following documents:
1. Their duly-accomplished application form (FA Form No. 3)
2. Valid passport. Please note that effective 01 October 2016, Non-Machine Readable Passports will no longer be accepted.
3. Four passport pictures (2”x2”) signed across the bottom front
4. FA Form No. 11, or the Medical Examination report including HIV test. The medical results shall be valid within six (6) months from the date of examination.
5. Chest X-ray plate (taken within the last six months), to be presented to the Philippine Immigration  authorities  at  port of entry .  The plate must be sealed by the Philippine Consulate General. The Philippine Bureau of Quarantine now accepts digital versions (contained in compact discs) of X-ray results as an alternative to the commonly used X-ray films.
6. Police Clearance from RCMP
7. Birth Certificate issued by the Vital Statistics Office
8. Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
9. Travel document (Passport) of spouse (if applicable)
10. Evidence of Financial Support, i.e., letter from company sponsoring the trip, financial,  assets,  certificate from the bank,  etc.
11. Fee of C$ 217.50 per applicant  (non-refundable, cash or money order)
12. Philippine passport / original copy of birth certificate of wife or husband
13. Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
14. Personal interview with the Consualr Officer
15. Affidavit stating that applicant(s) intends to reside permanently in the Philippines with the supporting documents such as land  titles and other  evidence  of  ownership  being disposed  of  in  the  country  of  where  he/she is a citizen/resident of
16. If the applicant is bringing a motor vehicle, please secure a  license to  import  from the Philippine Department of Trade  Office.  Other requirements will apply in this case.
17. Other documents deemed necessary by the Consular Officer

jwschmidt wrote:

I processed my 13A in Canada before going to Philippines.

<SNIP>

When your ACR (permanent resident) card is ready they will let you know and you go back to Manila to pick it up.

Thank you jwschmidt, quite an undertaking for you for all the details.

Now my question, I have my acr-1 card and filled duplicate paperwork for my 13A when applying for the acr-1. My acr-1 card is probationary.

So two months before the probationary year is up, when I go back to immigration, do I have to duplicate all the paperwork again?

From your post you didn't mention receiving a probationary acr-1 and you said immigration will notify you when your permanent is ready.

So my question is, if I already have my probationary acr-1 card, do I have to start at square one again?

Or I just show up with my probationary card and pay a fee and request the permanent card and my 13A?

Thanks

Hi Bob. Sorry but cant answer the question on probationary card. I did not have a probationary card. After application and processing I was issued an ACR Permanent Resident  card valid for 5 years. My understanding with that card is that it can be renewed fairly simply without needing to go through much of a process as long as you are still married to a Filipina. Have not heard of probationary ACR cards at all.

Bob. You should contact the Philippine consulate nearest you for advice on the probationary card thing.

jwschmidt wrote:

Bob. You should contact the Philippine consulate nearest you for advice on the probationary card thing.

Thanks jwschmidt. . . .

Actually I'm in the Philippines and was  issued the probationary card here. I had to jump through most of the hoops (paper work) you jumped through after several trips to the immigration office (like many others).

The only info received with the probationary card is that it's good for one year and then I'm eligible for the permanent card after the first year.

So my question again to all on this forum who have received an acr-1 probationary card, what follow up did you do to receive the permanent card?

Thanks

Changed to permanent visa.  Oh made mistake.  It's about 9k for visa. I had a fine because i moved and didn't notify them

No sir. Sorry.  Went got application and check list. Went did all the paperwork.  Then went back to immigration.  Go to the lawyer around the corner.  ( someone will show you)  2 papers from them on the check list. Plus go to nbi for clearance.  Then you can make a Appointment.  I was in and out within a hour for my permanent visa. Then you wait a month.  See your name on website.  Go pick up visa.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
jwschmidt wrote:

Thanks jwschmidt. . . .

Actually I'm in the Philippines and was  issued the probationary card here. I had to jump through most of the hoops (paper work) you jumped through after several trips to the immigration office (like many others).

The only info received with the probationary card is that it's good for one year and then I'm eligible for the permanent card after the first year.

So my question again to all on this forum who have received an acr-1 probationary card, what follow up did you do to receive the permanent card?

Thanks

Getting the permanent card comes along with the process of applying for the permanent 13a visa. Start the process 8 months after you get the probationary visa. Don't let it expire. If you change your address in between the two visa, make sure you report it or they will sting you if the two addresses dont match. For the most part, you will be doing much the same as you did to get the 13a Probationary visa...information correct as of 2013,,,btw, if you change your address, keep it a secret or you might end up paying for another ACR card. just use the same address on both applications.

There is some forms required to renew your 5 year I card, be sure and keep the order changing you from probationary to permanent you will need 3 copies

Not getting any easier.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/8/8 … 0Nrc.email

Add this to the list of barriers to travel.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020 … ce-shields

But wait....there's more! Insanity.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/na … ily/story/