Hoping to fly to Cyprus this year

HOPING TO FLY TO CYPRUS THIS YEAR?

You need to complete one of these within 24hrs of flying where ever in the world you are flying from. It's a World Wide requirement. No exceptions.

This is going to stay in place for the foreseeable future....
So if you travel. Have family that visit. Save this link. https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/
Even when UK go from Category C to B to A this will still be a legal requirement to fly and enter Cyprus. They ask for it at the boarding gate. If you don't have it. You will not be allowed to board.
It's so that the Cyprus government know exactly where you are staying should they need to place you isolation ..... For example there may have been a Covid19 case near you on the aircraft
I suspect this is not going  away this year.

Sorry Toon,

I just put something similiar up, regarding incoming flights, I hadnt seen your message. Your information may be more accurate than my interpetation;

As it stands, I cannot see many people from the UK coming to Cyprus.

A) Travel does not commence until August 1st (At the earliest)
B) They will probably  require a negative COVID-19 test carried out within 72 hours of travel
C) You have to regiester your intentions.

If you book a flight, and need test results, you need a service that will guarantee results within the tight time frame.

Even as a Key worker, I cannot get a free test on the NHS, unless I have symptoms (I suppose I could lie but not cool).

There may be people providing a test for a fee, but it wont be cheap, and so far I have not found a bona fida one.

There is talk of Swissport testing UK Arrivals, but charging £150 per person.

So unless the Cypriots come up with a better solution, people will chose to go to Spain, Baelerics etc.

This will also affect those trying to come to Cyprus before the end of the Transition period.

I am hoping that a cheap instant test will come out that means people dont have to wear masks for the entire flight.

The Spanish are trialing a mouthwash test on arrival, and a lot of other countries and testing on arrival vs insisting on a negative test pre-arrival.

I prefer the pre-arrival idea as a better safeguard, but I just think a lot of people will not bother flying , as too much hassle.

Hopefully the much talked about opening of our airports to UK travellers will happen on 1st August 2020 but i fear with recent events & easing In EngIand U cannot see UK getting out of cat C unless there are major changes .... I hope things improve. 

Cyprus indeed needs tourism like many other countries but i believe Cyprus needs to take a bit of pain to stay safe, they have done so well for the last 4 months.  however if we (travellers & residents)  operate safely act sensibly then tourism shouldnt be a problem but we have all seen what happens when on holiday - rules & safety measures etc go out the window.. and that for me is a worry.....

On a more personal note I being in a vulnerable group will stay away from the tourist bars and will avoid the ones I do use if they are too busy and safety measures have become lax...

I think that there is a lot of confusion in the reality of what happens with testing and current requirements for entry - so many variables - and different stories flying about on social media, then combine that with airlines doing whatever they want however they want only succeeding in getting people angry and frustrated... some getting refused entry, put in holding and returned back to UK, No refunds or vouchers being offered to many people.

As for those trying to enter Cyprus before the end of the year I hope the authorities will consider extending the eligibility period... one thing is for sure there will be lots of people frustrated and angry till this is all over its not going away for a long time  - what we see now is the new normal....

I think a big problem even in when cat B is getting the test certificate prior to departure.....

I did some research today.

The cheapest test I can find in the UK is £99 with Lloyds Pharmacy.

Others range from £159 upwards to stupid money.

I actually did a free test the other day as research for Imperial College, London (which was negative).

Its not the most pleasant experience.

The Cypriot government is allowing testing on arrival for some people (according to their website)

I think it quoted Euro 60 for the test, but if you test positive you need to stay in accommodation at Euro 60 single Occupancy and Euro 90 Double Occupancy + transport costs.

So if you think you don't have it and test on arrival vs testing in your own country, it could prove expensive + you spend 14 days in isolation.

So if you were a family of 4 travelling and 1 person tested positive, I would imagine you would be stung for Euro 180 a night for 14 nights + transport costs.

As category C, so far we are barred from travelling (as non residents)

I doubt the UK will bring in cheap test kits, so if an when the Cypriot government make the UK Category B, it is going to be at least £99 per person minimum.

I did not look into how quickly the Lloyds results come back, as obviously you need to time it to coincide with the "Within 72 hours"

Also do they mean you have to have an instant results test as I could do the test on a Monday and not get the results until the Friday so although my documentation may say I am clear when I did the test, 4 days have passed.

I think the Cypriot government or Embassy in the UK need to clarify.

Do you get a hardcopy signed certificate as thats what I believe the Cypriot Government are demanding? a text or email  or pdf on you phone will not be accepted

My understanding is thats you dont need to download a hard copy, as they send you a text confirming your cyprusflightpass. I have people arriving next Monday from Dublin (category A country) so they need to get their pass on Sunday.. As far as I know but I cant confirm 100% the electronic version is sufficent.

See below..

"""All passengers (CAT. A, B, C) must apply 24 hours in advance by completing the required documents electronically on the online platform https://www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy. An automated electronic text («Cyprus Flight Pass») will be send back to them. On certain occasions only (pax over 65 years old, web platform unavailable) pax are allowed to download, print and complete the forms in paper https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/download-forms. No passengers will be allowed to board unless they present the flight pass.""

anything is possible here ... best to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it . processes here change from day to day depending on whether they have had  good day or a bad day the weather and whoever deals with your entry understanding of requirements etc LOL  good luck

nb THIS APPLIES TO RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS TOO = TAKE EVERYTHING JUST IN CASE THEY ASK FOR IT,....

NB apostiled documents are sometimes requested via the tick list of docs, then you go through the pain of getting them and when you have your interview they dont want them so be wary...

Re CYPRUS FLIGHT PASS..

I had visitors arrived today into Paphos airport.. No hard copy of flight pass requested.. They competed the form online.. 24 hours before their departure.. Its best to complete a draft of it first as there is a lot of detail needed.. Then saved the draft.. Then the day before they flew they just filled in the date and sent it.. They were instantly sent an email with flight pass attached. They just downloaded them onto there phones and this was all they had to show along with their passport..

All very efficient..

excellent news