HOW TO SELL A CONDO IN COSTA RICA

Hello everyone, I am trying to make an inquiry on how best to sell a Condo in Costa Rica.
Are there faster ways of selling a Condo here in Costa Rica.
This 3 bedrooms Condo in a Resort has been in the market for 3 years without offers.
I would appreciate your kind suggestions.
Also I would like to know if Management Companies do Multiple Listing in Costa Rica.

Unfortunately, there are many, many properties that have been offered for sale, for an even longer time.

Best chance is to lower the price... :/

Hello Kohlerias, thank you for your response.
The price of the Condo has been reduced and bills keep coming from the Agent managing the Condo because there is no tenant occupying the Condo presently.
It unrealistic to pay bills when there is no income generated from the property.
I would also like you to tell me if Management Companies in Costa Rica do Multiple Listing Services.
Thank you
Josephine

I don't think so...but could be wrong. Others may have more info on that.

Hello everyone :)

@Josephine, if you have a property for sale, don't hesistate to post and ad in our Housing in Costa Rica section, it will help you to have more potential buyers ;)

@Kohlerias, thank you for your kind answers :)

Wishing you all a great day.

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team

Hello Loic, thank you so much for your kind reply.
I would go ahead and do that.
Have a good day.
Josephine

Hello Kohlerias, I just saw your response and Loic's post
and advice.
Thank you so much.
Josephine

Yea that's what my agent keeps telling me......."lower the price".......unfortunately there is no proper realty service in the country.   Anyone can sell real estate so it's basically word of mouth - the "agents" put homes on their websites for a fee of 6%.  I have come across a very few that know what they are doing.  It's all timing and as others mentioned in this post, might be good idea to advertise here on this forum.  Don't be surprised if you sell it yourself.  Good luck!

Hello Cratedivision, thank you so much for your kind response.
This property is presently in the market less some thousands of dollars which was the exact amount at the time of purchase meaning that it is been offered at a loss at the moment.

Agents want you to sell at a loss because they make their living through people that invested in Real Estates. The end to all their gimmicks is not in sight.

Thank you

Josephine

It will be a good day when the government steps in and monitors them and sets up a proper system for buying and selling homes.  I know of people who bought and then find out the property wasn't even for sale or didn't belong to the person selling it  -  yikes!  Not good for the overall CR experiences!

Hello Cratedivision, I agree with you.
The onus is on their government to find a lasting solution to problems expats face in Costa Rica.
At the moment one has to be careful of who to deal with when it comes to buying or selling.

I think using the best, most experienced, well connected agent in your area is key. Unlike in the US where homes sell themselves on the MLS, selling a home in Costa Rica takes a lot more marketing and networking.

I don't want to rub salt in your wound but what ever price you were asking before the pandemic, you will need to cut that amount significantly. Goldman estimates that vacation property values will decrease by 35~45%.

Decrease by 35-45% - are you kidding me?   That's ridiculous!

Hello Philo71, thank you for your response and the latest information from Goldman.
Have a good day.