Questions regarding residence permit

Hi guys! I'm a Norwegian looking to move to Tbilisi either next year or in 2022, and I have some questions.

1. As far as I've understood I need to buy a property for at least $100,000 to be eligible for a residence permit. I've done some Google searches and found websites like place.ge, remax-georgia.ge and tbilisi-property.ge. Are these good websites to find properties, or will I end up paying more than market price? Also, is it normal to negotiate real estate prices in Georgia, or are the stated prices fixed?

2. When I have bought an apartment in Tbilisi, can I stay in it while I'm on tourist visa, or must I get a residence permit first?

3. I've read that most expats prefer staying in Vaku and Saburtalo rather than in the city center. Is this true? Which district do YOU prefer?

4. As for the residence permit application process. I'm a little confused, because some of the sources I've read claim that I need to apply while I'm physically in the country, whereas other sources claim that I can apply online.  What is the case?

5. When I get my residence permit, can my co-habitant apply for residence permit without buying her own property, or is the kinship rule restricted to married couples?

The official immigration site has a lot of answers: http://migration.commission.ge/index.ph … mp;clang=1

Also, as a norwegian, you can stay in the country visa-free for up to a year, as per my understanding.

1. those sites are ok but they don't show a lot of the property that's out there. Prices are always negotiable, unless maybe when you're talking about one that's only $5000? You should always have a Georgian representing you or they might up the price, or at least not drop it.
2. I live in Vake and like it a lot. Saburtalo has more units available (it's bigger) and more stores, restaurants, etc.
3. You do not need residency to own property or to start a business or open a bank account.
4. You must be physically in the country to process a residency app. Maybe you could start it online but no complete it. I would recommend you live here a while before deciding.
5. As  I understand, only you can get a residency based on a property purchase. You can also obtain it by operating a business here that generated 50,000 lari a year in revenue. If it generates over 100,000 lari, then 2 people can apply,
I forgot to get back to you on the other forum, cheers, David