Internet Outages in Brazil

It might be interesting to start tracking Internet outages and providers. 
TIM Fiber went down in Manaus last night for over two hours, from 10:55 PM May 19 to 1:15 AM May 20.

How's your service?

So far so good here. Tim works and Oi modem fine.
Strange there were 282 error msgs on email account " msg not sent"!
Heck I have not sent 282 email all last year. So deleted all

Texanbrazil :

So far so good here. Tim works and Oi modem fine.
Strange there were 282 error msgs on email account " msg not sent"!
Heck I have not sent 282 email all last year. So deleted all

Your mail client probably kept trying to resend messages during brief outages or long latency, and noting each failure.

"Your mail client probably kept trying to resend messages during brief outages or long latency, and noting each failure."

Maybe, but it is an cryptic email account I do do use often. I just deleted all and changed password. Weird ......
I have received some phishing one as to my debit card...Never open because I only use at my bank

Claro has intermittent outages about once a month...

Five and a half hour TIM outage last night.  According to Fing, Manaus, Rio, and São Paulo affected. 
At least, we're finally connected to the Southeast again.  :cool:

Wow.

Texanbrazil :

Wow.

I wonder whether TIM may be taking to network down purposely to fix or upgrade it, since it has to be under a lot of stress during the day.  The long outages seem to happening in the middle of the night, not during the peak hours when we'd expect a crash. 

But, maybe I'm just rationalizing incompetence..

abthree :

Five and a half hour TIM outage last night.  According to Fing, Manaus, Rio, and São Paulo affected. 
At least, we're finally connected to the Southeast again.  :cool:

4-5hours outage, once a month is common occurrence in RS.

Have Tim here for cells, no issue. Oi for internet ok, except she is blaming service is slow when she has 10 windows open  :huh:
I read in the past that Tim internet was purchased, but not sure.

We have TIM for cell too, no problem  - except for the constant calls to upsell me.  😡

It's quite possible that they bought their network, since they were able to introduce an all-fiber network all at once.  We had Claro/Net before, bundled with cable TV.  TIM is cheaper, faster, and more reliable.   We've got 14 devices online at this very moment  (most idle, of course,  but still connected)  and a VOIP landline, and it's not sluggish.