Tax Philippines

Hello, I am dutch and working off shore all over the world, currently in the US. I am planning to migrate to the Philippines with my wife with a non-quota immigrant visa.

Now my question is if i have to pay tax over my world income in the Philippines?
And when am I a resident citizen and when a resident alien?
And does anybody know a good and reliable international account in the Philippines?

Thank you for your input and information.

Hello PWagenaar and welcome aboard (or abroad ;) )!

I'm Loïc from the moderation and it's nice to meet you !

I hope our expats will answer your questions about your taxes, meanwhile, you can introduce yourself and your projects more precisely in the New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020 topic/

Een fijne dag ;) (this is the only dutch sentence I remember :D )

Regards

Loïc
expat.com Team

PWagenaar wrote:

Hello, I am dutch and working off shore all over the world, currently in the US. I am planning to migrate to the Philippines with my wife with a non-quota immigrant visa.

Now my question is if i have to pay tax over my world income in the Philippines?
And when am I a resident citizen and when a resident alien?
And does anybody know a good and reliable international account in the Philippines?

Thank you for your input and information.

From 1 minute search on google.....individuals who are not citizens of the Philippines are classified as either resident or non-resident aliens. Resident aliens are foreigners who intend to reside for an extended period within the country. All other non-citizens are classified as non-resident aliens.

Both resident and non-resident aliens are subject to tax only on income from sources within the Philippines. Consequently, American expats in the Philippines would pay no Philippine income tax on income from abroad.

You should be talking to a tax expert about this.