New, Moving to Bucharest this Summer

Hi,
My name is Meg and my family and I are planning to relocate to Bucharest from the US this summer for my husband's job.

As "typical Americans" we do not speak Romanian so we hope to encounter very patient people when we get there.  We have two school aged children who will be attending one of the international schools... we are looking at our options.

I hope to meet some great new people (we don't know anyone in Romania!)
Thank you!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here megc74! ;)

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi :)

Once you move here you will make friends because people are kind, friendly and open minded.
Don't worry about the language...romanian is an easy language to learn ;)

I don't pick up language easily so I am very worried. Luckily, I have two daughters (8 and 6) who I think we learn quickly.

Most romanian people under the age of 40-50 understand English although they can't speak fluent English. In bigger towns the language won't be an issue.

Hi Meg,

We too are moving to Bucharest this summer.....I have signed up my daughter at the American school...it is on a big campus with lots of facilities and has the international baccalaureate program.

Hope you choose the American school!

Caz

we are most likely going with the American school though our timetable is mostly looking like a later start than Aug 22

We won't be there until mid Sept....where are u moving from?