How to make friends in Bucharest

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Bucharest :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Bucharest??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I'd also like to know this. I've been here for a week and I've tried the romania and bucharest channels on dalnet to make friends but they're only interested in accusing each other of being fags so its kinda hard.

:) Nice topic!
When it comes to making friends, we are not so bad, the Romanians. Do not offer us a beer, do not offer to pay for the food, just keep it simple. If you offer to pay for everything, the guys will think you are either a fag..... or you want something from them.
Ask the man if he speaks English and ask for some directions or information. Start a simple conversation, speak well of Romania and the Romanians, exchange impressions about your country and talk a lot about sports. Do not forget to put in a good word for the beer and the food. Do not be afraid to ask about everything that interests you. Remember, you can make a friend out of a Romanian even if you are not in a pub: just ask directions on the street, one out of tree guys should offer to help you get there. In case this does not work, in Bucharest, just send me a message: we`ll see the Liverpool match together. :)

Go to meetups. I posted some here.
There are regular meetups in Bucharest every week. You'll make friends.