Teaching in Luxembourg

Hello all!

I am currently a secondary science school teacher in the UK and considering moving to Luxembourg. I would like to stay in my profession and I have heard that Luxembourg is excellent for teachers!

With my profession in science, I will likely have to work in one of the international schools as I am only fluent in English (I speak a small amount of French). Information on the internet is very vague and it's hard to create a plan or make arrangements without knowing a likely salary/cost of living.

Does anybody have any advice on here on how much teachers in the international schools are paid and how that compares to other careers? I know cost of rent is high and other costs are pretty reasonable but I'd like to know the kind of lifestyle I would be living if I were to move to the country.

My best friend also lives in Lux and is a native. So, I'm not too worried about much else as I have her and her family, which is super nice and helpful!

Thank you,

Alice

I believe you can ask your family member that to make inquiries for you. It will be easier if you hear it from your own family ears

A person working in Teaching / Education in Luxembourg typically earns around 15,800 EUR per month. Salaries range from 7,660 EUR (lowest average) to 26,200 EUR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher).

Teaching / Education Average Salaries in Luxembourg 2020