How to purchase online from S&R, Robinsons & others

(1) Metro Mart has a partnership with S&R and others.

(2) Create an account so you can order.

(3) https://www.metromart.com/welcome/cities

Shopping via Metromart is disappointing.  Sure they say they deliver for S&R, Robinson's, Landers, etc. But the bigger issue is whether these establishments will deliver to your area.

I downloaded the metromart app and signed up for an account. The only available vendor for our area was Robinson's, even though there is an S&R less than 2km away from our place. 

So, okay. I tried putting stuff in the cart. Pretty decent selections. Then there's the shopping / delivery fee PhP320, which was fine with me. Reached the minimum PhP1,000 order.  Everything's okay until you get to picking a delivery date and time: Everything is blocked off!

You can have the delivery scheduled for today or for any of the next 6 days. But they're all grayed out. You can't click on any of them.  None of those 7 days were available.

I was thinking that if I log in and place the order at 12am, perhaps the last slot / day would be available. Currently, I don't have the motivation to try that because, for now, we're fine with going to the supermarket every other week.

LOL
I am in Pasong Putik Proper and have the same exact problem!

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Shopping via Metromart is disappointing.  Sure they say they deliver for S&R, Robinson's, Landers, etc. But the bigger issue is whether these establishments will deliver to your area.

I was thinking that if I log in and place the order at 12am, perhaps the last slot / day would be available. Currently, I don't have the motivation to try that because, for now, we're fine with going to the supermarket every other week.

Yes, at midnight the oldest day drops out and a new date appears.. It's good you have transportation to
your market.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Currently, I don't have the motivation to try that because, for now, we're fine with going to the supermarket every other week.

Agreed...I'm just fine going to our local supermarket every other week & infact I have come to appreciate some of the local food avaiable...except for the lack of spices, which I have to buy seperately and do my own dosage during the actual preparing/cooking....and hey...savings....loads of savings to be made!

Just saying!
& Stay Cool!

:D

lasvegan wrote:

LOL

Wow! We have probably passed by and greeted each other many times over without knowing it.

Have you tried placing your metromart order at early morning? If you have, was the last slot open?

Among S&R, SM and Robinson's, I think SM is the worst to shop at. My housekeeper went to SM, and it took her 4 hours. Long lines. SM ran out of pancake mixes and flour.  It's also the most crowded and the worst at enforcing social distancing.

We buy our fresh veggies and fruit not at the supermarket, but at a produce stand open from 9am to 12pm. (You probably already know where these are located, and that they have better social distancing procedures compared to SM.)

Tip: If you need to purchase prescription medication from Mercury Drug, I would suggest that you call it in first. They will give you the name of the person / employee from whom to claim it. Go straight to the pick up / claim area. You still have to wait, but it's quicker than lining up. BTW, I have the phone numbers for Lagro and Robinson's Novaliches branches.

FilAmericanMom wrote:
lasvegan wrote:

LOL

Wow! We have probably passed by and greeted each other many times over without knowing it.

Have you tried placing your metromart order at early morning? If you have, was the last slot open?

Among S&R, SM and Robinson's, I think SM is the worst to shop at. My housekeeper went to SM, and it took her 4 hours. Long lines. SM ran out of pancake mixes and flour.  It's also the most crowded and the worst at enforcing social distancing.

We buy our fresh veggies and fruit not at the supermarket, but at a produce stand open from 9am to 12pm. (You probably already know where these are located, and that they have better social distancing procedures compared to SM.)

Tip: If you need to purchase prescription medication from Mercury Drug, I would suggest that you call it in first. They will give you the name of the person / employee from whom to claim it. Go straight to the pick up / claim area. You still have to wait, but it's quicker than lining up. BTW, I have the phone numbers for Lagro and Robinson's Novaliches branches.

FilAmericanMom mentions shopping at SM for groceries. When I did shop at SM prior to the Virus, they often had long slow checkout lines, it was slow and time consuming.

Sometimes for a change from S&R prior Virus, I liked shopping at the Pioneer Center Supermarket. It's a big store, plenty of choices and the prices are as good as S&R or better.