Can a foreigner travel by motorbike to Saigon

Can a foreigner travel by motorbike to Saigon from Tay Ninh to renew visa without trouble at checkpoints ? April 16th

I do believe wrote:

Can a foreigner travel by motorbike to Saigon from Tay Ninh to renew visa without trouble at checkpoints ? April 16th

Moc Bai is closed.

I do believe wrote:

Best wait and see what the party boss has to say tonight about the lockdown. If it remains the same then any trip is certainly not advisable.

colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

Moc Bai is not closed for commercial vehicles, is my understanding. They're letting cargo trucks through to Cambodia. Maybe they would be willing to help those of us who have a valid visa but need a permission to stay extension by giving us a new entry stamp?

Someone previously suggested that maybe at the airport immigration could do the same thing. But would they do it? Probably not.

This would be a great help but there's still the problem that there's no transport to the border now.

hyagly256 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

Moc Bai is not closed for commercial vehicles, is my understanding. They're letting cargo trucks through to Cambodia. Maybe they would be willing to help those of us who have a valid visa but need a permission to stay extension by giving us a new entry stamp?

Someone previously suggested that maybe at the airport immigration could do the same thing. But would they do it? Probably not.

This would be a great help but there's still the problem that there's no transport to the border now.

No chance.

hyagly256 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

Closed for visas, or did you miss that bit.

The Visa Renewal thread in the Saigon Forum may be helpful.

Here's a link.

Visa Renewal

VN says that countries are responsible for their expats through their consulates and embassies or maybe you use another countries embassy or consulate.

They are expected to sponsor you if you do not have a sponsor otherwise.
You need to fill out a form you can download, some other stuff and get stamped
at an immigration office. I think they're all closed right now?

You can also call your embassy or whatever embassy that represents your country here.
Check their website too.

But no you cannot do a visa run for the foreseeable future.
Your embassy may also have exit instructions and other useful info.

You may have an option to register with them to get SMS or emails concerning
this issue, your country and expats in VN.

hyagly256 wrote:

Aside from the non-renewal visa issue, a commercial vehicle can only carry 2 people under the social distancing law:  a driver and one helper.

Is it just me or did no one else notice the OP asked if a foreigner can ride to Saigon from Tay Ninh by motorbike?

Quote: "Can a foreigner travel by motorbike to Saigon from Tay Ninh to renew visa without trouble at checkpoints ? April 16th"

No mention of Moc bai or border visa run.
The OP obviously lives in Tay Ninh and wants to travel to Saigon to obtain an extension and was concerned about Police road blocks.
Has anyone experienced road blocks coming into saigon?

DirtyPierre wrote:

Is it just me or did no one else notice the OP asked if a foreigner can ride to Saigon from Tay Ninh by motorbike?

Quote: "Can a foreigner travel by motorbike to Saigon from Tay Ninh to renew visa without trouble at checkpoints ? April 16th"

No mention of Moc bai or border visa run.
The OP obviously lives in Tay Ninh and wants to travel to Saigon to obtain an extension and was concerned about Police road blocks.
Has anyone experienced road blocks coming into saigon?

Correct, thats dyslexia for you.

The VN government decided to keep the quarantine until 22th so carefully!

Not trying to be a spelling cop here but I'm pretty sure you meant aixelsyd.

VietCanada wrote:

Not trying to be a spelling cop here but I'm pretty sure you meant aixelsyd.

Correct, put it in reverse and it spells dyslexia-aixelysd, lol.

colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

So... what does Moc Bai have to do with it?

Tay Ninh is in Vietnam, not Cambodia.

Entering HCM, unless you know the small streets, you will encounter a checkpoint. They will check temp, reason for travel and, if they are being troublesome, paperwork for motorcycle etc, ID etc etc.
I might add that if you are obviously not a local and driving an expensive motorbike you are more likely to get hassled.

cruisemonkey wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

Ask a simple question.........

Why is English so difficult for many English speakers?  Why do so few know that Tay Ninh is in Vietnam? An easier question would have concerned the meaning of life and its many permutations.

cruisemonkey wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Moc Bai is closed.

Moc Bai is the border station in Vietnam, I read it back to front thinking he wanted to do a visa run to Tay Ninh.

I do believe wrote:

An easier question would have concerned the meaning of life and its many permutations.

The dyslexic answer is - 24.  ;)

¡ɔᴉuɐd ʇ,uop

:lol:  ɹǝɥʇoɹq ʇsoן ʎɯ 'ɯɐ I ǝɹǝɥ sǝ⅄ ¡ ɔıuɐԀ ʇ,uop

??????

You might be able to get it done in Tay Ninh from a travel agency. Not sure if that's possible. Tay Ninh must have visa agents. Vec done at immigration in Tay Ninh city. I do mine there. I'm in Hòa Thành when I'm in Vietnam.

Vaneric wrote:

You might be able to get it done in Tay Ninh from a travel agency. Not sure if that's possible. Tay Ninh must have visa agents. Vec done at immigration in Tay Ninh city. I do mine there. I'm in Hòa Thành when I'm in Vietnam.

I can't believe all the nonsensical replies to my question! Vaneric has some reasonable suggestions although I am always directed to Saigon by the Tay Ninh authorities.

Anyway, for anybody interested, yes you can travel from Tay Ninh to Saigon and vice versa with no problem,

Not sure why they tell you to go to Siagon. Last
time I Restamped  was in Tay Ninh city.  I have a house with my wife in Hòa Thanh. Only took a few days to get passport back stamped. 10 usd 220k at that time. Immigration lady was nice. No tea money needed.

Vaneric wrote:

time I Restamped  was in Tay Ninh city.  I have a house with my wife in Hòa Thanh. Only took a few days to get passport back stamped. 10 usd 220k at that time. Immigration lady was nice. No tea money needed.

Something is not adding up; I also have a house in Hoa Thanh with my wife and she thinks I have to go to Saigon because my DL visa has expired and I need a new TRC visa. My previous TRC was confiscated without explanation by immigration.We married in February just before the Coronovirus situation. Do you have an address you attended in Tay Ninh?

I do believe wrote:
Vaneric wrote:

Something is not adding up; I also have a house in Hoa Thanh with my wife and she thinks I have to go to Saigon because my DL visa has expired and I need a new TRC visa. My previous TRC was confiscated without explanation by immigration.We married in February just before the Coronovirus situation. Do you have an address you attended in Tay Ninh?

This should still be it.

Address : 227 Cách Mạng Tháng Tám Street, Tây Ninh city, Tây Ninh Province