PAL cancels all international flights

Just got a message from Cheapoair telling me the airline made changes to my 4/21/20 flight from Manila to JFK (NYC).  Had to have Philippine Airlines tell me by reading a message on their web page that as of 4/6/20 All April international flights are cancelled.  They will start again in May, but no flights will be scheduled to JFK until June.  They told me I will have a credit with them which I have 12 months to use.
If it were the USA and they cancelled the flight I would get a refund.  Korean Air is still flying Manila to Seoul, South Korea, with a 5 hour layover and then 14 hours to JFK.  Sure not using Cheapoair, Expedia or any other such flight planner as they are impossible to deal with if anything changes.  Later today gonna start dealing with Korean Air, see what I can find out.

Do you have a link to that? 

I know my flight to Australian City was cancelled.  But other friends are saying there flight to an Australian City, scheduled in April, is still go.

Hope this link helps :

https://www.philippineairlines.com/Abou … sandevents

manwonder wrote:

Hope this link helps :

https://www.philippineairlines.com/Abou … sandevents

Good link, is what I read.  My sister in California, after on hold for 150 minutes, got the same info by calling the 1-800 number on the web site.  Sounds like Australia gonna be closed for a while, with winter on the way.

Just booked a flight on 4/21/20 on Korean Air, stops in Seoul for 5 hours to change planes and then 14 hours to JFK.  $800 each for economy class, said they have 7 more tickets.  Wondering what kind of obstacles we will have on our 250 mile ride from Santa to NAIA, hope our plane tickets will be a good enough as passes.

Good info.. thanks..

My wife is booked on Korean Air (Manila - Seoul - Atlanta) on 5/1. Good news is that South Korea is doing really well with the virus. Bad news is we don't know yet whether her flight from Cagayan de Oro to Manila will fly that day. I've already made changes for her 3 times. Patience.

I / we are looking at flying PAL back to Manila on 5/19 from LAX. That will be the next worry wall to climb. The Delta / Korean Air route has gotten super expensive around that date.

An '18 day' round trip with countries on both sides calling for ECQ  (not very wise unless its for an emergency/omo)!

manwonder wrote:

An '18 day' round trip with countries on both sides calling for ECQ  (not very wise unless its for an emergency/omo)!

It was supposed to be 2 months (March to May), and if she doesn't make it back to the US it's no problem. It will just mean that I'll need to figure out which of her clothes to ship and be ready to weather the storm. She has way too much to ship it all. But as of 5/19, we're homeless here but have an apartment in CDO until our house is completed. Fingers crossed.