How to USE a business bank account (Eenmanszaak)

Dear fellow expats,

I searched quite a bit but still can't make it clear, so please let me post my question here.

I have just registered with the KvK as an “eenmanszaak” and opened a business bank account.
Now I am wondering how to use it.

I guess I shouldn't use money from my business account for personal expenses such as everyday meals, detergents, towels and clothes, but then for what purposes can I use it?
(I'm a programmer if it matters, so the foods or clothes etc. will never be related to my business)
What about rents or phone bills?
If I use it in a wrong way, is there any penalty?

This might be a stupid question but I hope someone can answer it.

Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My advice is to ask the bank with who you have the account; they may have their own terms and conditions of use.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic, thank you so much for your quick response!
and let me ask one more thing

Cynic wrote:

My advice is to ask the bank with who you have the account; they may have their own terms and conditions of use.

Is it the bank who decides how to use it?
I mean, isn't there any regulation by the Belastingdienst or any authorities like that?

Hi again.

The Belastingdienst will have sight of your account if they wish to; they can refer any activities they are suspicious of to the Police or IND.  It will be the Banks T&C's that govern how you operate the account, charges etc.

You will have to submit a tax return in accordance with the current law; I'd strongly recommend you use the services of a tax/financial advisor so you can make the best use of any offsets available to you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team