Socializing for Singles

I am relocating to Mauritius in mid 2020.  I am a 46 year old woman from South Africa. My big concern is making new friends. Couples are reluctant to welcome singles into their groups.  From what I've heard, there seem to be very fee single expats in Mauritius.  Is this true?

I can connect you a sister who is also coming from SA.

I Just recently moved here and I am single.
People are welcoming and socializing as not been that bad, so far.

People are generally open to foreigner in Mauritius. As in all places in the world, so long as you respect the local customs and are not patronising, you are sure to find a friend. My advice is to start the conversation. The locals are by nature very eager to hear the views of foreigners residing on their island.

Mauritius is a beautiful and accommodating island. I am from JHB but married to a Mauritian. Beautiful warm people.  U will make lots of single friends here. Enjoy ur stay with the beautiful Mauritians

Mauritians are usually very welcoming with expats & tourists. It will be easy for you to socialize even being single & more importantly socialize with the right persons...

Hi Shubbeer, u are right in saying " socializing with the right people"

Hi, how are you.  I met a lady from Kenya and we met for coffee and gonna do some watersports... Would be great to meet more single females and do stuff around the island.. bring it on ladies....  I am married but can meet female expats once a month... Tc n email