Expats in Sandviken

Hi All
         We have just arrived in Sandviken are are looking for any walking clubs in the area?
Also looking for a two bedroom furnished apartment to rent for a minimum of one year.
Thanks in advance
                                 Robert

Hello, If you contact the association below and ask them for contact information of a local club in Sandviken, they may will help you.  https://www.gang.se/Kontaktinfo/

And if you go to the trail below and check the information board which normally placed at the starting place of the trail you may find others who have left notice or some kind of a local club information, there will be at least one.    https://sandviken.se/kulturfritid/natur … f2029.html

For an apartment try blocket https://www.blocket.se/annonser/gavlebo … 5&st=u and also ask locals.  Cheers!

Moving to Gavle in a few weeks.
Are there any walking clubs or expat communities t there

Sandviken, Gävle or whichever out of the remaining other 288 kommuner you are moving to, all you have to do is to go to the kommun website, there you will find every needed information. If something is missing or unclear to you just take a visit to the kommun office and ask them then they will provide you the information you are looking for or guide you to the right organisation.

Another tip is the local library where plenty of previously hyper active pensioners are eagerly waiting  to become active again, just ask them, they will do more than you would ask for. And also in every area there is a cafe which pensioners have invaded, another place to meet pensioners.

Good afternoon I have been following your post for some time now I just joined today. I want the house to clarify me in my situation, I met my fiancé online around 2017 we are same sex (gay) couple around 2018 before we met in person he send me an invitation I was refused the visa becouse my financial situation as at then I wasn't qualified for the visa. So this last February my fiancé came down to Nigeria to spend time with me we took pictures has great time together so we decided to move to Sweden I applied for the fiancé resident permit visa. I just want to know if it was the right decision we took becouse Nigeria is against gay marriage so we cannot marry here . I want the house to advice me if we took the right step. Thank you

Hello Onaeri, Actually your post is off topic but instead of reporting it I decided it's better to answer after that I checked on google what are the slang meanings of the word "house". I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion by following my posts? If it is because of  my previous post on this thread this is the explanation for that.

Almost in every library in Sweden there are some pensioners who have worked as career people in their active lives who also are bored now after they have become pensioners so what they do is to volunteer to help non Swedish speakers (mainly newly arrived refugees) with different matters in their new lives in a new country for instance to find different useful information and so on. Sometimes they corporate with Red Cross or some other organisation and sometimes by their own. Some other pensioners even help people with their transportation by driving them from place A to B only for fuel cost. Swedes mainly are kind people they like to help, now when as pensioners they have nothing else to do all day long, they are so eager to give more than what people ask for.   

That's what I meant by my previous post if you understood it as any filthy activity in a public place then you have mistaken. And according to the Book I read every sexual act that does not happen between a man and a woman (by their birth) is an abomination.

To provide you with any useful information or advice for what you have asked for as a member of this forum, I will not be able to unfortunately, since I have almost no knowledge in that area at all. But the fact that your home country prohibits it by the law, could be a possible reason in your favor to do it in Sweden since Sweden is one of the few countries in the world that is not prohibited. Good luck!