Seeking Banking/Finance work

Hi,

My partner is currently going through the process of being interviewed for a job in Hanoi. We are both from Australia. I currently work for a big 4 bank over here and have experience in credit and risk management. I am degree qualified and seeking a role that is banking/finance based in Hanoi.
Based on your experience do feel it would be easy for me to find work in this field in a few months in Hanoi?
Do any of you have any contacts or point me in directs of where to look.
I have been able to establish a connection through First Alliances recruitment so far.
Do you have any general tips? Is it best to try and have work lined up prior to coming across?
If you do not have work established what sort of visa would you come across on?

Thanks everyone in advance for your assistance.

dscherwitzel wrote:

Hi,

My partner is currently going through the process of being interviewed for a job in Hanoi. We are both from Australia. I currently work for a big 4 bank over here and have experience in credit and risk management. I am degree qualified and seeking a role that is banking/finance based in Hanoi.
Based on your experience do feel it would be easy for me to find work in this field in a few months in Hanoi?
Do any of you have any contacts or point me in directs of where to look.
I have been able to establish a connection through First Alliances recruitment so far.
Do you have any general tips? Is it best to try and have work lined up prior to coming across?
If you do not have work established what sort of visa would you come across on?

Thanks everyone in advance for your assistance.

Come on a tourist visa.

If you gain employment, it can be changed.

Learn to speak and read Vietnamese first.

There's another poster here from the US that has the degree and experience that's been trying to get a job in banking or finance for more than a year now.  It's all but impossible unless you can get one of the banks to hire you where you are and then get transferred here.  They can hire a Vietnamese that speaks both languages, has the degree and experience for about $1,000 USD per month.

SteinNebraska wrote:

There's another poster here from the US that has the degree and experience that's been trying to get a job in banking or finance for more than a year now.  It's all but impossible unless you can get one of the banks to hire you where you are and then get transferred here.  They can hire a Vietnamese that speaks both languages, has the degree and experience for about $1,000 USD per month.

Not totally impossible, depends on your experience.

Techombank

Hi there, Are you saying Techcombank is the way to go?

dscherwitzel wrote:

Hi there, Are you saying Techcombank is the way to go?

No, just saying its not impossible.