Legal capicity to marry for UK citizen.

I've been through all this before in 2005 but I believe things have changed a lot. When I married here before in 2005 a UK citizen had to go to their local registry office in the UK and obtain a Certificate of No Impediment, then take that to the British Embassy in Manila, pay some money and they would exchange it for the Philippine version of legal capicity to marry.

But after recently checking online with uk.gov, as far as can understand it says you download an affidavit from their website, fill it in and then take that to the British Embassy in Manila. I sent an email to the British Embassy in Manila to check that this was the correct procedure but they did not reply.

I just wondered if there are any Brits out there who have been through this procedure recently and if my understanding of what I have to do is correct and also what other documents may be required such as divorce decrees and birth certificate etc.

I sent an email to the British Embassy in Manila to check that this was the correct procedure but they did not reply.

That'll be something to do with them being a useless set of winkers that don't give a flying fig unless they can charge you for it.

What you need is here.

https://www.hagueapostille.co.uk/blog/h … impediment

or should be but one of the links is broken - I blame Brexit