New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Switzerland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Switzerland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Bonjour, mon mari mes enfants et moi souhaite nos installer en Suisse d,'ici 6 mois on aimerait avoir quelques pistes sur les logements et travail ainci que les écoles. J' ai une fille de 16 ans et un filsde11 ans. Merci d'avance pour tout info

Hello! I'm Ivan and I'm living for around 3 years in Zurich as a student. I would like to find some more friends who's interests lay around meditation, phylosophy, yoga, self-transformation etc. I like to spend time outside activelly or sitting in a quiet place discussing something. Also I can make some historical and introductory lectures about Zen buddhism upon request.

We are moving to Swiss land sometime in September. I have a job and a contract signed with a tentative start date in September. (It was planned fro June but COVID-19 issues pushed out the date) .

I visited Switzerland 13 times last year so I understand many things related to work and everyday life. (least I think)

I will be seeking information related to moving from the US, vehicle  "transfer", and related items mostly from those who still have some ties to the US.

Hello everyone!
I am a mother and wife, envisioning reuniting my husband, who is doing a post-doc in Ticino. As non-Europeans, we submitted our application to the Swiss Embassy in Mexico in March 2020 and then the ufficio della Migrazione of this Canton requested more documentation in June which we delivered in July (on time). My big question is how long do we need to wait from there (after delivering additional documents to the Canton)? This family reunification process is testing our patience :(

Thank you for reading and your support!!

Good morning,
I am a graduate student in multimedia communication, I would like to move to Switzerland for work and deepen my studies. I would like advice on which area to look for a paid job or internship and who to contact to start working.

Hi everyone,
I work on clinical trials in the pharmaceutical industry and plan to start a new job with a Swiss biopharma in Lausanne in September 2020.

I'm hoping to connect with people to share experiences and knowledge of life in Switzerland as I find my way around.

I'm happy to connect on WhatsApp or something to stay in touch.

Safe travels!
T

Hi All, Hello from Singapore. I live in Singapore with my family, working as an IT project manager.

Taking a very long shot at getting a job offer in Swiss after falling in love with the place last year when I travelled through out Europe for vacation. I know it is difficult, was trying find a good expat community since and here I am.

It may sound crazy but I am ready to do anything to leave my comfort zone in Singapore to migrate to my dreamland. Hope someone could help to guide me to the right company or the right contact. Also, please let me know if I could help any of you in any way.

Hello all

My name is Han-Yun Jhang. I am from Taiwan. I speak English and Mandarin Chinese. I was an mechanical engineer. I now stay in Fribourg for my PhD study. It is my first time Switzerland.

I would like to meet some new friends so we can explore Switzerland together. It will be great if you also stay in Fribourg! :D

I am a trilingual translator and interpreter; I master Arabic, French and English, and I want to find a job. I have more than 10 years of experience.

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is impossible for a non-European to get a job in Switzerland. Try the international organisations in Geneva. But otherwise, your profile is common with a lot of people in Europe.

Massive thx. I'll heed your advice.

Hello!

I'm interested in Switzerland as my brother lives there, and has for 20 plus years. I'm in the US, which as most know sucks re: healthcare.

I have Lyme disease and other infections and pay out of pocket for my care b/c alternative care is barely recognized here. It's all big pharma, which of course, is a huge JOKE. They want you sick your entire life and dependent on their expensive shitty drugs.
My brother's girlfriend works in alt. care, which is a plus.
I am on govt aid b/c I cannot work. I was also approved for SSI benefits. And I know they carry over to overseas.

My dilemma is moving overseas if I cannot work. I'll have a little money but no job. If there's no way to become a citizen in such circumstances, that's obviously very unfair and prejudiced against the sick, who never asked to be and as it is, have a pretty miserable existence.
My brother said I could marry someone there, but of course, would divorce once I got there, just to get out of this JOKE of a country. I'm pretty desperate. I deserve to get well and have non-pharma treatments, and the right to LIFE. That pesky thing....

I'm looking for somewhere else to live (obviously) as where I am now can be abusive. I'd love to get low income housing in Switzerland. I have 2 BFAs in game art and graphic design, but, obviously mean little if I cannot work. Glad I spent that 25k for nothing.

Massive thx. I'll heed your advice.
I replied two days ago, but seems like I didn't choose the right instruction.

6Hypnone wrote:

Hello!

I'm interested in Switzerland as my brother lives there, and has for 20 plus years. I'm in the US, which as most know sucks re: healthcare.

I have Lyme disease and other infections and pay out of pocket for my care b/c alternative care is barely recognized here. It's all big pharma, which of course, is a huge JOKE. They want you sick your entire life and dependent on their expensive shitty drugs.
My brother's girlfriend works in alt. care, which is a plus.
I am on govt aid b/c I cannot work. I was also approved for SSI benefits. And I know they carry over to overseas.

My dilemma is moving overseas if I cannot work. I'll have a little money but no job. If there's no way to become a citizen in such circumstances, that's obviously very unfair and prejudiced against the sick, who never asked to be and as it is, have a pretty miserable existence.
My brother said I could marry someone there, but of course, would divorce once I got there, just to get out of this JOKE of a country. I'm pretty desperate. I deserve to get well and have non-pharma treatments, and the right to LIFE. That pesky thing....

I'm looking for somewhere else to live (obviously) as where I am now can be abusive. I'd love to get low income housing in Switzerland. I have 2 BFAs in game art and graphic design, but, obviously mean little if I cannot work. Glad I spent that 25k for nothing.

Unfortunately, you can't move in Switzerland (and in Europe), if you don't work except if you have a lot of money...

Hello Dear forum visitors!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916092

Thanks!

Closed