New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

My wife Britta and I arrived in Singapore earlier in January. We both work in the Petrochemical industry and are expected to live here for 3 to 4 years. I’m Belgian and Britta is German and although we moved here from Houston, we still consider Belgium our home country. I have got a 28 year old daughter and a 26 year old son and both of them are living in Belgium. We are looking forward to getting to know Singapore, meet interesting people and explore the region.

I am Isaac from Ghana and now planning to move to Singapore. I will be looking for a job in Singapore and i hold a Bachelors degree in Business administration. In Ghana, I work for a child and youth development center as a project director. I have passion for children and inculcating into them the values of Christ Jesus.
I still consider myself as an open minded person who is always ready to learn new things. I am also open to new challenges and new opportunities in Singapore.

Isaac: Welcome to the forum!
You should be aware that Singapore is an open and tolerant multi-religious society with only a small minority of Christians. Since religion is seldom mentioned in public (and any kind of missionary activity frowned on), your statement "I have passion for children and inculcating into them the values of Christ Jesus" makes you unsuitable for jobs in schools, kindergartens and public child care institutions or organisatioons.
I am not sure if there are any more jobs in your field. You may try at the local churches.

Oh okay. In Ghana thats the work I do. But I am open to job opportunities that may arise and not into teaching alone. I hold a Bachelor's degree in business administration and ready for any new career challenge. There is a saying that when you go to Rome ,you do what the Raman's do, so if Singapore is less church country I have to abide by their rules should I make it there. Thank you so much for letting me no , I never knew. Am most grateful.

It seems you should do a lot of reading about the place, before you venture to Singapore.
This forum, by the way, has lots of dicussions about how to find a job in Singapore. Do follow as much of that advice as possible!

Thanks very much . I really appreciate your advice