New members of the Cape Verde forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cape Verde forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cape Verde if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone,
   My name is Jide and I'm new on this platform... actually I have always read a lots from this forum and it has always help me with everything I do in this beautiful country Cape Verde especially when I was planning to come to this count and at the Port of entry... So I decided to join and I'm proud to be one of you ... Thank you

Hi Julien
Thank you for your warm welcome.I am an Irish single 67 year old male just retired .After taking a couple of holidays on Sal and falling in love with CV
I bought an apartment in Santa Maria about 12 yrs ago with the intention of possibly retiring there an that is my intention when things get back to normal .my intention is at this at this point to buy or hire a 20ft container to have my possessions shipped out but i will take a holiday there first to make some arrangements.It seems a daunting task at this point so i would  appreciate any advice
anyone has to offer to enable me to achieve this
Im not used to these forums so im not sure who can read this post .I look forward to to hearing from everyone
B.Wills

Hi B.Wills,

welcome to the forum. I can certainly help you with shipping of your household possessions from anywhere in the world to any island in CV. It is indeed a complicated process (it's the paperwork that is the big deal) and if you don't do it just right, you may end up with considerably higher costs and penalties than you anticipated, as well as weeks or even months of delays. Not fun. There are steps and paperwork involved both at the point of origin as well as at the destination here in Cape Verde. In addition, if you do not have the container shipped directly through to Sal and you end up with a local interisland leg, it will almost double your shipping costs!

So be careful...you need to be aware of how it all works so that it goes smoothly and you have no cost surprises. Send me a private message and I can walk you through all the steps involved.

Best regards,

Angelo

BWills wrote:

Hi Julien
Thank you for your warm welcome.I am an Irish single 67 year old male just retired .After taking a couple of holidays on Sal and falling in love with CV
I bought an apartment in Santa Maria about 12 yrs ago with the intention of possibly retiring there an that is my intention when things get back to normal .my intention is at this at this point to buy or hire a 20ft container to have my possessions shipped out but i will take a holiday there first to make some arrangements.It seems a daunting task at this point so i would  appreciate any advice
anyone has to offer to enable me to achieve this
Im not used to these forums so im not sure who can read this post .I look forward to to hearing from everyone
B.Wills

Hi, Everyone,
My name is Augustus, am a Nigerian National, and new here, although before now, joining this forum I normally read the articles from this forum especially that of CVangelo and other contributors I must add. Well l have intentions of relocating to Cape Verde and starting up a business of my own.. I relocated from South East Asia a few years ago back to Nigeria, now am ready to relocate again.... I am certainly grateful for the insight this forum provides, friendship and hoping to get more.. Thank u all.. Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

If you can tell me about the working condition for doctors in Cape Verde that will be great. and tell me, how to find out the vacancy there.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915938

Thanks!

Closed