Any other expats, people living un Yiwu

Hello all! Is there any other people like me living in Yiwu around here? ;-)

yes and actually looking for new friends!

Hello Andruca nice to get your reply, how are you finding live in Yiwu, for me get's a bit boring! :-)

Boring is not enough! I lived 2 years in Beijing, and now 2 years in Yiwu (7 months in Ningbo!)... and it's really boring! Even if I have family I feel nothing interesting here!
How long do you plan to stay here?

I don't live there permanent, I have a flat there and I spend 4 to 6 weeks at the time, I'm back in Spain now but will be back middle of September. I have been doing this for long years now, around 10 :-)

long time! We are fixed here... for the moment at least!

OK it's nice to meet other people in same situation, where are you from?

Do you stay in Yiwu because of work?

Yes we have an office there

So how do you deal with the boring leisure time?:)

We have also office here... but life is not only office! In Europe we are used to have double life, and one outside the office has to be better then the one in the office!
Reds831 are in Yiwu?

Of course can't only be in the office. I think it's the same in everywhere. I live in Eindhoven now, but I'm from Shanghai. I don't think Shanghai is boring :) I think I meet the same problem when I went to Eindhoven. Do you know a lot people in Yiwu?

Hello everyone
I just moved into Yiwu, since last Sunday.
I am from Holland, The Hague and I am in Yiwu for an internship.
I would like to make some new friends here. Yiwu seems really boring. Anyone wants to meet this weekend or something?
Add me on msn, if yes. My msn is [email protected]

Hey everyone!
I am staying in Yiwu for a while now,and this place is too boring,even that I am staying with family:(Maybe you can tell me the place all the foreigners are hanging out together?

Hi all. I'm only preparing myself to become an expat living in Yiwu city :) Is it really dull there? Are there many foreigners around to be on friendly terms? :)
To be frank, loneliness is a phobia i have considering living in Yiwu.   

Another question: don't you know any decent mandarin language schools in Yiwu?

Hey,
We just moved to yiwu from the us!
How long are u here for?

Hey!
I am also moving to Yiwu. IŽll be there in April, and i will stay in Yiwu for two years at least.
Is that boring? I hope not hehe.

Hi All,

Finally i found folks around me who are looking for friends.

I am Mohammed living in YIWU since 9 month.

people who are interested knowing further more please add me in QQ 223194551.

See you there and Hope can meet soon.

Take care all.

It's great to see that many  people have moved or are planning to move to yiwu. We should do a meet up of Expat.com ppl like they do in other places at some point, keep the posts coming!

Hello, I am new to Yiwu .... originally from Indonesia. Any events or gathering for expat community here in Yiwu in coming weeks ? I would like to join. And if there is none, it will be great if we throw an event for ourselves ... just to get to know more people to enhance social life in yiwu.

Hey my name is arslan and i am also new yiwu .looking for some foreign firends as well. Please if anybody out there shoot me a msg at 13676826163. CHEers

Wrong! Shanghai IS boring! Too many stressed out people,too many rude,crazy drivers,disgusting spitting and hoarking (well, one will find that everywhere in mainland China),constant high 'rip the customer off' prices for everything,etc.,etc.

Hi my family is moving to Yiwu.  Does anyoneknow if there is an International School here?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes , there is an internatonal School in yiwu. Once your family arrives you can call me at 13806513373 and i will get you the directions if you need.

Good Luck

[Moderated]

Hello, just coming to yiwu. I am Paris. So guys if you have any expat meeting plan here, please add me. My email [email protected]  / 18642603762.

No wonder why the forum is almost empty. In Yiwu foreigners are either busy with their business or jobs, or just because the city is too small and everyone knows each other, people prefer to socialize outside more than sitting in front of the laptops' screens

Well its true that the city is small and easy to spot foreigners. If you want to meet and see expats, just go to M-BOX. Thats where all of them go.

Hi everyone!
Seems I'm getting closer to my departure to Yiwu (late Nov). Now arranging everything.
Dear expats, could you please advice me the insurance company which coordinates with any of Yiwu city hospitals? Ones i had found gave me only the list of Shanghai medical centers, and its about about 250 km ride from Yiwu - not the best thing to get through if you need some urgent help.
Any ideas?

[Moderated: please post in the Housing section]

any one want to meet? am bored out of my mind...am in Yiwu until the 29th of January 2013, i dont mind checking out other cities near by guangzhou, shanghai ect.

I'm an MBA student studying in Shanghai. Our school Entrepreneurship club is made up of expats that are planning to start businesses in China. We will be in Yiwu for one day in April. Any expats interested in showing us around and making some friends?

[email protected]

Great to find this forum for bored foreigners in Yiwu ;). I am Gia from the Philippines working as a Product Designer here in Yiwu. Hope to find new friends!

Hello  , I am Working in Zhuji City -30 Min away from Yiwu .
I am from India - Do you Use QQ , If yes then You Can Add me on 2589626711 or [email protected]

is this post still alive??
heading to yiwu on 10th and would love for some company and drinks at a bar or even better at a club

mail me at [email protected] if ny1 interested

regards

Josh

Hey Josh,

Hope you find somebody in your province, I've been placed in Bobai - Guangxi province, and it seems Im the only foreigner in town, which is a bit of a bummer, as sweet as the Chinese are, you sometimes just want another Westerner to hang out with!

Good luck to you!

Hi everyone,

is this forum still active? looking for a forum thread to know more friends since i came to Yiwu.

I am Daryl, from Malaysia.

Thanks

Yiwu is a great city for business, furthermore you get to meet so many foreigners near Maeda restaurant.
I came to Yiwu 1 year ago and i cannot regret being here. My qq is 1545146863 and email:[email protected]

Hi guys,

I am currently living in zhejian province and interested in meeting up with expats in Yiwu. Looking at moving there in the coming month or so.

You can email me at [email protected]

I am a 30 year old guy from the UK.

Get in touch

Colin

I am also new to Yiwu..
Still looking for the fun in Yiwu