Bridge Club?

Hello
My husband and I are hoping to spend an extended period in Vietnam next year.  We are hoping to find some bridge clubs/groups so we can enjoy one of our favourite activities.
Can anyone help with information? Many thanks  - will greatly appreciate.

Piphoop wrote:

Hello
My husband and I are hoping to spend an extended period in Vietnam next year.  We are hoping to find some bridge clubs/groups so we can enjoy one of our favourite activities.

You may want to say where you will be residing.

Where will we be residing?

We are open....a bridge club is a big bonus for any destination!

Well best you search on Google.

I asked a similar question about three years ago for HCMC and got zero response. Since then I've not found any bridge club whatsoever in VN. I hope I'm wrong and there is one out there somewhere!

It could be expats do not play bridge in VN because the authorities view card games as "gambling"  or so I've been told by locals. An amusing story from Thailand - although bridge is popular in Thailand, with official clubs and a national society, there was a case a few years ago when a legitimate bridge club in Pattaya was raided in mid-afternoon by about 20 heavily armed, gun toting police and army people after they were tipped off about an expat gambling den. The old people calmly carried on playing (it's on You Tube) but were all arrested and eventually charged under some obscure act from mid-1930's because the functionaries found a cupboard containing spare/new packs of cards which was illegal under this act. One 84 years old lady refused to pay the B100 admission of guilt fine, what happened to her I don't know. You couldn't make it up.

I've heard this story too! Amazing....
We are in Thailand now - playing at the Chiang Mai Bridge Club. A good game with up to 12 or so tables in high season.
I have heard from one of the Chiang Mai players that there is a club in Danang but can't find anything about it.
Cheers

Piphoop wrote:

Hello

You might try the Internations .com website.

Members there get very specific about their interests, so a search should be easy, once you join.

Many thanks! Will try that....

@Piphoop

IS there a place in Hanoï where you Can play bridge?

André Kirchberger