HCMC / Saigon Nightlife Experts Needed

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could break down the best places to go at night. By best I mean places with the most women, dancing, and lively fun atmosphere.

Thanks

Dash, where in N.Carolina are you from? i travel to Charlotte at least once a year! Sorry for hi jacking your thread i will let the experts answer your specific question. Cheers

Im from Fayetteville but live abroad atm.

Hey man,

I would suggest Apocalypse if u want a combination of the three and if u want a good band....It has got to be 17 Saloon.

Hope this helps. Cheers

What type of music do you like? Asian or Expat women? Live music or more of a club..

Prefer top 40 music I can dance to in a club or bar setting.

Prefer Asian women but I suppose its good to know where to go to meet both.

Reading your profile, I am confused. Do you want to live in Colombia, or Vietnam in the future? Profile says Colombia, yet you are asking about nightlife in HCMC, Vietnam?

darvinm wrote:

Hey man,

I would suggest Apocalypse if u want a combination of the three and if u want a good band....It has got to be 17 Saloon.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Saigonmonkey agrees with this. Could also try Level 23 at the Sheraton Hotel.

saigonmonkey wrote:

Reading your profile, I am confused. Do you want to live in Colombia, or Vietnam in the future? Profile says Colombia, yet you are asking about nightlife in HCMC, Vietnam?

Long term Colombia. I am just visiting Vietnam while I am on a SEA trip (Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam)

Hopefully will be living in the Gulf the next 4 years.

Sin Lounge (one of the best places to go right now), Lush, Chill, Velvet, Blanchy's.. Lot's of places, but not too many play top 40. If Vietnamese style clubbing is your thing, there's about a million places to go to... Gossip, 030, Gold, to name a few of the better ones..

JVo18 wrote:

Sin Lounge (one of the best places to go right now), Lush, Chill, Velvet, Blanchy's.. Lot's of places, but not too many play top 40. If Vietnamese style clubbing is your thing, there's about a million places to go to... Gossip, 030, Gold, to name a few of the better ones..

DashGlobal, on second thought... I know JVo18. You should listen to his recommendations because you were born in 1986, and I'm an old fart. You'll probably like those places better than the ones I agreed with.

JVo18 wrote:

Sin Lounge is pretty good, they have Models and Bottles on Wednesdays, but it tends to be lots of people caring too much about appearances and not enjoying themselves. They have Sexy Sundays too, seems targeted at the local market.

Lush have ladies nights on Tuesdays, and BOGOF Thursdays. The ladies nights are rammed (lots of locals) but you have to differentiate between working girls and 'normal' girls. Thursday's are quiter (a little bit more Expat centric) and the music isn't always as mainstream. The have an event called FiX UP every third Friday, more of a DnB/house/techno feel in the front room, plenty of Expats and drink promotions.

Chill Bar have Gold Fridays but is generally a pricier night out, more of a local scene/pervy old Expat men. Plenty of half naked Asian women painted in metallic colours though.

Alto is also pricey but has great views, nice after a meal at Cirrus if you wanna push the boat out. The lemon meringue at Cirrus is the best thing I've ever tasted btw.

Broma is alright for an open rooftop, and has a dancefloor and another bar inside too. Mixed crowd, generally quite friendly (although prices sometimes change depending if you're inside or outside!) and the toilet is quite scary too. It's dark/there's a mask hanging up etc.

Blanchy's is quite nice, horrible stairs to walk up in heels though. They sell bottles of vodka/gin/whiskey on Tuesdays for 1mil. Thursdays is 'Sack the DJ' where the crowd choose the music, quite fun if there's a big group of you.

Cargo Bar in Q4 has some pretty good live acts/DJ's and a nice mix of locals and Expats. Huge space so you don't get hot and sweaty, and there's always taxi's waiting outside too. Pretty good drinks offers too, was 2 spirit/mixers for 120k when I went to Henry Saiz.

There's a place opened called Republic but when I went to the soft opening it seemed overpriced, unfinished and with pretty poor service.. that could all have changed though.

DeciBel isn't a club, but again they have live music and a mix of locals/Expats. They also have Beer Pong competitions and good food.

PS. I promise I'm not an alcoholic..

Ok guys, I think I am finished putting together my list of Saigon/HCMC. Just need to iron out some things and make sure none of these places have closed or something. Feel free to add or make comments to my list.

HCMC / Saigon Nightlife Guide

District 1
Apocalypse Now - crossover FL club
Lush - crossover tue LN, thu 1+1
Fuse - r&b thur LN
Lavish - r&b tue LN
Velvet - crossover wed LN
Lan Kwai Fong - crossover tue LN
Volar Club - r&b
Chill Sky Bar - slick venue n view
Sin Lounge - hiso
Bounce - r&b
Blanchy Tash - techno
Gossip - techno
Gold Club - techno
X Club 030 - techno
Shadow - techno
Crazy 8 - techno
Go2 Bar - crossover
Crazy Buffalo - crossover
Level 23 @ Sheraton - rooftop bar live music thur LN
Vascos Bar - live music
17 Saloon - live music
Rock Fan Club (RFC) - live music
Duc Vuong Hotel Rooftop Bar - cheap
M Bar - rooftop bar with nice view of the river
Rex Hotel Rooftop Bar - iconic place
Broma Rootop Bar - fishtank
Underground Bar
Liquid Club? anyone have any intel?
Shark Disco? anyone have any intel?
Sparkle Lounge? anyone have any intel?

District 3
Lava Club - tue LN
Canalis - crossover
MGM
Cloud 9 - rooftop bar
Barroco - techno
Acoustic - live music
Napoly - live music
Plan B - bistro wed salsa

District 5
America Disco? place still open?

Unknown Venues & Locations
FB Bar?
99 Club?

Hello im solo backpack. i will be HCMC in next month between 9-14 oct. anyone want to meet?