Problems With Ukrainian lady friend

I am 61 and have been communicating with a 52 year old woman from Dnipro for 5 months

. A  problem has surfaced in the last week. Her cousin from Odessa rang her last week saying her cousins son was badly burnt in the Odessa College fire.  The woman has been in Odessa  for the last few days. The boy had to have an operation on his lungs and my woman had to pay her entire monthly salary for part of the operation. The woman and her cousin have had meetings with City Hall to seek compensation, with no luck. They have also sought donations from friends and family but are still unable to raise enough for the boys short term care. The problem is last night my woman asked me to deposit money roughly about NZ$800 into a bank account. I told her I wasn't prepared to send her money as we had not met.
She has since gone cold talks but seems quite detached from me. Even though the relationship before was close and passionate. The thought she is trying to scam me has entered my mind. I am wondering what to do. Do I send the money  Just leave allow time for things to calm down. Or have things gone past the point of no return. Or are do I have to walk away as the risk of being scammed is too great.
Footnote we were supposed  to meet each other mid January here in New Zealand . She told me she could afford to pay to meet me and last minute told me she couldn't afford it after assuring me she could  3 times. After that I changed plans to meet her in Dnipro March / April.

Sounds like a scam. Do not send any money. She is playing you, especially when you state she has money to visit you but no money for her cousin.

I personally would cut all ties with her.

Read my post. She told me she could afford to meet me at first but finally admitted she couldn't afford to meet me. A bit different.

Gordyboy1958 wrote:

Read my post. She told me she could afford to meet me at first but finally admitted she couldn't afford to meet me. A bit different.

Yes, that makes it sound a lot more like a fish being baited, then hooked.

I have, as nobody else has (including you), absolutely no clue if this is a scam or not, but it follows the pattern of a rip off job perfectly.
Given you've never actually met the lady in question and she's asking for cash, I'd ghost her without a second thought on the grounds that the possibility of a bit of nookie just isn't worth the grief.

Is it normal for Ukrainian woman to send explicitly sexual letters.

Gordyboy1958 wrote:

Is it normal for Ukrainian woman to send explicitly sexual letters.

That's the bait on the hook to catch you.

Thanks guys, you have saved me from alot of stress and grief. I have discontinued all contact with the woman and laid a complaint against her with the web site. Dodgy site too Match Truly

What a site.
I just signed up , using a spammer's email address, as  an 86 year old man looking for 18 year old women. I immediately got loads of suggestions seemingly from hot young chicks with large funbags sticking out of tiny tops, all gagging to meet me.

I'm unsure their was anyone there that wouldn't cost me a month's pension for a one hour relationship.

Heaps asking if you would like their naked pics even mature women. And saying they can meet you in your city. Not on $350 a month