The Hague? Rotterdam?

Hi everyone,
I'm a 27 years old man from italy and I'm kinda tired of how things are going down here... I've been thinkin about movin to the netherlands and by the opinions of some friends, who been there, those two names pop out.
Now, long story short, I really don't know one of em either so I need some advices.
I already compared prices as shown in another similar topic in this forum.
I like playing basketball, green areas such as woods or so, playing music and listen to it, mostly rap hip hop funk soul rnb jazz.

Obviously I will need to work and rent a room or a flat.

That being said I apreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Hi,

Advices? The beautiful question ... On what, how to manage your life, to believe that life is better elsewhere, ...

Well, no, life is the same everywhere. With his good side and his bad.

So in conclusion, if you do not know how to make your life, stay at home.

Lol why tho... I'm choosin between the twos, not havin existencial problems...

Well, you react, there is still hope.

Now we can attack things seriously.

To expatriate is the dream of many people. But unfortunately it turns quickly to the nightmare for the near majority.

To have a small chance of success, especially in a country where you will have problems with the language barrier, you have to prepare your project really well.

That is why I will advise you first of all to read all the articles already published on everyday life. In order to find a job, one must always assume that I have to offer more / different than another? If you do not see, you will join the list of lost people who hang around everywhere.

I am one of those people whose expatriation is almost a job. I work on international construction projects. So I move all the time.

And people who have embarked on expatriation to find a better life, I count hundreds. And less than one percent have succeeded

Now thats something. Thx. I aint no fool so i dont just jump over the edge where I cant see. Thats why Im collectin infos and suggestions. And of course Im plannin, but like I said I need advices from somebody who been there and know things better than I do. Im already doing what you suggest but I didnt find what Im lookin for, so I posted here hopin to boost my research.

Thx

Who told you that I did not go to Holland? I lived there, worked, laughed, ... I speak with them in their language without problem.

The problem with your first question is that it is so generalist that we just want to say to you as to all new:
Read the guides you will find under the "discover" tab
Read the old articles using the magnifying glass next to your avatar.

You'll see, you'll easily find the answer to 90% of your questions.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Den Haag and Rotterdam are both cities, one is the centre of Government, the other has what I think is the biggest port complex in the whole of Europe.  Both are expensive places to live if you want somewhere half-decent, rental accommodation in the Netherlands is always in short supply, especially in those 2 places where they already have a large transient population.

You're an EU citizen, so have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU; assuming you speak Dutch and have relevant qualifications and experience, you should find work.

To find somewhere to live, you can use Google, it will bring you to one of several websites, like Pararius; there are others. 

My only advice in all matters is to watch out for scammers; we've had reports on here of people thinking they had rented somewhere to live or found a job, only to find out that it was not available, or didn't exist.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you. This was a helpful brick. I've started studyin dutch but I can't say that I speak it. Im graduated but my studies dont seem to match the high demanded categories I read in some articles, nevertheless Im willin to do anyjob.

Thanks for the precious knowledge and if I may ask if you were in my shoes which one would you choose?

And stayin in yours which one you prefer? and why.

I wouldn't live anywhere on the west side of Holland, far too expensive; we lived on the Dutch border with Germany, much more to do and see.

Cynic wrote:

I wouldn't live anywhere on the west side of Holland, far too expensive; we lived on the Dutch border with Germany, much more to do and see.

:joking: What a shame...

There are so much opportunities in Breda or in Maastricht...

:cheers:

I never said anyhing about you, I was just tellin the reason why I ask. I checked some post that were close to my doubt but still didnt nail the hammer. That's why I wrote it.

Peace

Which oltiqn you suggest?

MDizzy wrote:

I never said anyhing about you, I was just tellin the reason why I ask. I checked some post that were close to my doubt but still didnt nail the hammer. That's why I wrote it.

Peace

What could have made you think that someone was angry?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

phipiemar wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Nah; 't kermis musiek maakt me gek van.  :o

Cynic wrote:
phipiemar wrote:
Cynic wrote:

🤣🤣🤣Toch is het leuker dan het bijwonen van zuurkooleters ...🥳🥳🥳

phipiemar wrote:
Cynic wrote:
phipiemar wrote:

🤣🤣🤣Toch is het leuker dan het bijwonen van zuurkooleters ...🥳🥳🥳

LOL - Tuckers a.u.b