Prepaid envolepoes

Athough English I have an Australian passport that will be renewed in Manila next week. The embassy say I have to get a pre stamped envoleope in order for the passports to be sent to my home address. The only problem is no one seems to do prepaid envoloepes companies like DHL say they dont, Does anyone know if a relative can pick up a passport at the Australian Embassy. Asking the Embassy  seems to get me no where on any issue

bobkaye wrote:

Athough English I have an Australian passport that will be renewed in Manila next week. The embassy say I have to get a pre stamped envoleope in order for the passports to be sent to my home address. The only problem is no one seems to do prepaid envoloepes companies like DHL say they dont, Does anyone know if a relative can pick up a passport at the Australian Embassy. Asking the Embassy  seems to get me no where on any issue

I can see that you´re in the Philippines now. Can´t you call them or e-mail them if they accept a Power of Attorney for a relative to pick it up? The Philippine govt generally accept but the Australian Embassy is considered an Australian domain although in the Philippines, so their govt laws reign.

Another way would be to go to the post office and bring your old Australian passport with you to be weighed by the postman. You can purchase an envelope there with the required stamp according to the weight of your old passport. If you require more pages, make sure to allot for that. But remember, I wouldn´t send my passport by ordinary mail. It should be at least registered. Looks like a relative with a Power of Attorney is better! He can later send it to you registered or send it through DHL or FedEx - that is if they deliver to your town.

To me, I´d take the bus and even fly to pick it up because it´s a very important document!

robal