New members

Hi, we are Lynda & Murray and new to this site. We are looking to move to Portugal around 2021 once we retire. Looking for an adventure while we are still young enough to enjoy it to the fullest.
We were wondering if anyone on this site has moved their dogs with them from New Zealand? If you have, was it difficult and what was the process?
Also, best area to relocate to with lots of things to do, places to see, food and wine and beaches. Rent or Buy? sorry so many questions :-)

Hi Lynda and Murray
Funnily enough we are in a similar position (also retiring 2021 - not sure if our dachshund will be with us then - he is already 12yrs but you never know!!) however we have posted on this site a few weeks ago and only had 2 responses with little information. We live in Australia so sorry cannot help - if you get any further information then i will be confused as i reached out to several people (about 10  - some from Australia and some from UK(one lady responded and one other - that was it - others did not reply). Let me know how you go!
Kind regards
Gail and Lawrence

Hi Gail

thanks for reaching out, yes if I hear something I will pass the info on to you. It's kind of weird the lack of responses tho don't you think?
Good luck,

Hi Lynda and Murray
Thanks for responding to us!  I appreciate you offering to pass any info onto us as we just did not really learn much.  Out of approx 10 messages sent out i only received 2 replies which were not really much at all and i did not learn anything new other than what i had read on internet. I am not sure why people are on this sight if they are not willing to give their 'sixpence' worth! Hope you have a better experience - i will await your news!
Kind regards
Gail and Lawrence