Visa extension needed for just 1 day.

Yeah I know " 1 Day", I made an error of calculation, i booked my flight home before the visa bit, which means the visa expires at 12 mid night and the flight is (9;10 am the following day. Any suggestions as to where the least expensive agent is in Saigon ? viet visa on line will do for 1 month@ $60, any suggestions gratefully received , Mark

Have you checked with Chi at Chi's Cafe in district 1?

Also, it seems like there was a recent post on here about getting a short extension. If you search, you may find it.

MarkinNam wrote:

Yeah I know " 1 Day", I made an error of calculation, i booked my flight home before the visa bit, which means the visa expires at 12 mid night and the flight is (9;10 am the following day. Any suggestions as to where the least expensive agent is in Saigon ? viet visa on line will do for 1 month@ $60, any suggestions gratefully received , Mark

You can also do it online if you trust the agent. I'll send you a private message with the contact info for my trusted agent and personal friend in Hanoi, who usually has very low prices. I think she can beat that.

Just thought I would add to the thread that my agent advised both of us that you pay the $25 over stay fee at the exit officer.

Just in case anyone has thoughts about the wisdom of doing that.

You don't need to extend your visa. You can pay the penalty fee at the airport, around 500.000 vnđ for overstayed for 1 day. It will not be problem about the "black list" for overstayed for 1 day.

Thank you all, I'll fork out the $$ and live happy. I contacted my airline and they wanted me to fork out another $200;00, re-booking fee, 20 kg checked baggage, re- payment, mam "o" man, talk about greedy!!

MarkinNam wrote:

Thank you all, I'll fork out the $$ and live happy. I contacted my airline and they wanted me to fork out another $200;00, re-booking fee, 20 kg checked baggage, re- payment, mam "o" man, talk about greedy!!

Yep, thats why you must always check your dates before booking.