Salvador

Hi! My name is Daniel and I want to visit Salvador. I want to open a non profit school that teaches English as a foreign language. Are there many expats in Salavador?

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Why did you choose Salvador as your final destination?
Do not hesitate to ask us further questions so that we can guide you.

Hopefully, you will receive some answers to your questions soon.  :happy:

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

There are expats in Salvador. Opening a business cannot be done on a visitor visa. VITEM IX –Temporary Visa IX – investor visa; will be needed and I would strongly suggest researching an English school for a business. Too much competition with universities, on line, Fisk/Wizard type schools, and  private teachers.
Every school has English as a second language here. My private tutor makes more from private clients than teaching at her school. L
Not many can afford $R400 per month for English especially in Salvador.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=673

I second everything that Texanbrazil advised.  Unless you already have Brazilian permanent residency for some other reason, you'll need to sink a considerable amount of capital just to qualify for an investor visa, and it's hard to see how the business plan for a non-profit language school will give you a return, or pass muster with the Ministry of Labor, which has to approve investor visas.  Salvador is a lovely, historic city, but not an especially wealthy one.  By all means check it out, but research and analyze carefully.

Finding a Brazilian partner or an expat with a permanent residency might facilitate your
investor´s visa with half of your investment costs...