Job Opportunities in Sweden

Hi all
I am an INDIAN ,currently working in MALTA . I am planning to move to Sweden .I wan to know the job opportunities in SWEDEN .
I have experience in the filed of ELV systems like CCTV, Access control .
can anyone guide me on how to apply for job in sweden
Thanks

Try a good old Google search.
Not an easy country to find work in for expats. Plenty of red tape. Check out the Sweden guide under discover at the top of this page.

Hello fasi436,

I know some Sri Lankans who came from Italy to Sweden and managed to find work and settle down here. What they did was basically this, they came over and made contacts with fellow Sri lankans and stayed with them until with their help they could find jobs. That might could be an option for you too google also for "Indiska föreningar i Sverige" (meaning Indian associations in Sweden) who knows you may find some old friends from your own "Pradesh". Good luck!

In 2015 we had a lot of syrians moving to Sweden. This has made it difficult for foreigners getting jobs in Sweden. I see they do a lot of mistakes here. You are writing about staying with people that talk your own language. I suggest foeigners to learn the language A.S.A.P. If you stay with people from your own country you'll propably neve learn the swedish language. I suggest you start with gettig in contact with a hobby you love doing today, trying get swedish friends and try some of all the free courses you find on the internet. You see some suggestions on world-info.se . At the moment there is a lot of jobs like nurse, doctors, developers in Sweden. To be a nurse you'll need the language and a two years education. To work as a doctor you'll need about 5 years university, as developer I beleive using angular, java and .net is the langugaes you should learn. Welcome to Sweden.

wuxi-city wrote:

You are writing about staying with people that talk your own language. I suggest foeigners to learn the language A.S.A.P. If you stay with people from your own country you'll propably neve learn the swedish language.

How will this guy learn Swedish from Malta? Do you have any suggestion for it? Which really will work out for him?

If he comes to Sweden and start to learn Swedish ASAP who is going to pay for his accommodation, food, transportation, language course fee and the possible amount of money he usually sends each month to his family back in India?

Look I know you mean well but we have to be more realistic and practical when we give someone else an idea or suggestion (or an advice for that matter). Because the one who ever follows the advice also the one who get the consequences, not the one who gives it. 

And as you can read I happened to know three Sri Lankan guys who did so and succeed. If you wonder how their Swedish is, all three of them speak normal level of Swedish by now and all three have permanent work at least.

Why a permanent job is more important than the language for someone who immigrate to Sweden from another EU country? That's the only way to them to get the Swedish visa to stay here and also the ability to find an apartment and everything else.

Please don't get me wrong! your suggestions are still good but you didn't have to criticise my suggestions without any acceptable reasons for that. I like criticism when it comes with good reasons and proofs. 

And I also personally like you to continue to participate actively in this forum, I really mean it. There are many members in this forum so more than myself and Faiz should reply to other members so that they get different opinions and point of views.

wuxi-city wrote:

I see they do a lot of mistakes here.

By "they" do you mean the forum team and other members who reply to posts or the politicians of Sweden?

Or by "here" do you mean the forum or the country?

finnbo wrote:
wuxi-city wrote:

I see they do a lot of mistakes here.

By "they" do you mean the forum team and other members who reply to posts or the politicians of Sweden?

Or by "here" do you mean the forum or the country?

I mean these who have moved to Sweden last years. I do not know too many from Sri Lanka but hear a lot of, what should I say, recruiting agents moving to UK and recruiting for a big firm in India I do not want to mention here. They are promised a fantastic job in UK and their collueges in UK who also are immigrating from India tells them that they will learn the language in no time. This results in recruiters call me about jobs but I do not understand what they are saying. I hear similar problems in Sweden. Here immigrants are moved in same cities or parts of cities and never see or speak to other then their collueges from their own country. Many of them are able to speak a little english or swedish but, if you do not dream in the language you'll never understand important things like messages from authorities, police, customer service and that kind of things. You'll be like a tourist. You see a lot but does not understand.
You would like some ways learning swedish. I published an article about some free ways of learning swedish on world-info.se >>> . I say the best way of learning a new language is simply to listen and not do the mistake that just talk. Like these indian recruiters. When they discover I do not understand they just keep talking. Listen, listen to radio, listen to television, borrow sound books or download them from internet in the language you would like to learn. Trust me, you do not understand the language before you dream in it. I promise, when you are dreaming the language a lot of things get easier here.

What you have written is just another example for why I call Sweden is confused.

It's inhabitants don't know who to blame, to rulers of the country or to the people who come to the country since rulers are confused whether they will have a straight line or if they will change the system and rules to adjust for the people who come to the country. Let me give you few examples to make my point clear.

Back then you only could take driving licence test in Swedish then rulers made changes that you could take the test in other languages too and they also started to print "Körkortsboken" driving licence theory book in other languages so they made it all easier for newcomers to Sweden to take swedish driving licence without knowing one single swedish word.

They did same for the TFL Taxiförarlegitimation special licence for legitimacy to work as a taxi driver and for the bus drivers licence. There are many learners around the country which give you the full course in other languages for instance in arabic. As to my knowledge there is at least one big school in Stockholm which is a taxi drivers factory for non Swedish speakers, everything goes there in mainly arabic and also some other languages.

So newcomers don't need to know one single Swedish word to get the driving licence and after two years get the taxi licence and start to work as a taxi driver and after another two or three years buy an expensive apartment and then also get the swedish citizenship. That is what exactly did one pakistan guy I know, he still speaks in English which he also good at.

What about so called "Hemspråksundervisning" mother language teaching for kids who born here? Rulers have made children who born in Sweden to not to choose swedish as their mother language but only as "Svenska som andraspråk" Swedish as second language.

Do you know when the hospital sends a letter to an immigrant they ask if the person needs a translator? And all the information they sends in few different languages, even basement laundry in your flat has information in few different languages.   

Kamrat your rulers have made things difficult for immigrants to dream in swedish or easier for them to not to dream in swedish. I can go on like this point after point until you start to cry but I think I made my point.

It hurts me too, this is the only country I'm a citizen of and this is the birth country of my daughters. When you happened to destroy the language of a country you have started to destroy the whole country gradually, it's too late now for Sweden.

However all this conversation you have started gives nothing to the OP. He asked a question and our responsibility is to provide him with an useful answer for him, not useful answers for us.

Hi all
Thanks for your replies .
By most of your replies , i feel that ,  knowing at least basic Swedish  language   is . I will try to learn that language and at the same time will try to find a job.
Hope ,there are some companies that give a time frame to learn the language, when they recruit non-Swedish   employees

fasi436 wrote:

Hi all
Thanks for your replies .
By most of your replies , i feel that ,  knowing at least basic Swedish  language   is . I will try to learn that language and at the same time will try to find a job.
Hope ,there are some companies that give a time frame to learn the language, when they recruit non-Swedish   employees

If you get a job the company got rules or laws to follow like the right to be free for taking education in Swedish. I know many bigger companies actually arrange education in Swedish in the weeks on the company. You can read about Law (1986: 163) on the right to leave for education in Swedish for immigrants on riksdagen.se . I translate it to english here>>>. I agree with you finnbo that there is a confused goverment right now i Sweden. I am neither not sure of who to blame for this but the latest year of immigration to Sweden made many worried. I, like everybody else in sweden, are meeting a lot of immigrants that will never be assimilated in the swedish society due to they are not able to speak swedish. I've been on different courses where I've meet immigrants that does not understand and that they don't get jobs after because they are not able to understand the teachers, the society, laws and many other things. That is the reason for that I argue for learning swedish before anything else. I've learned it the hard way.

ola
Im Dolores , from Portugal, mother of a minor child, those father, Swedish citizen recently passed away. I will go to Sweden between 17 and 20 October. Although I lived with my daughter's father for 8 years, I only went to Sweden on vacation, so I know little or nothing about her social, political and educational life.
But one thing I know has not been easy in these two weeks to reach my goals: knowing subsidies, pensions to which my daughter is entitled. I managed to find out the insurance company and already sent the form to the old boss. But several sites like Skattevertek, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken .... although they have translation in some languages, many links are only in English or Swedish and at some point are only Swedish.
On the other hand, after this epic of knowing who to turn to, after a mail I got a reply in two days and got the Obbito certificate, Personbevis .... in just 4 days from Skatevertek. And I already asked you the endorsement in Portuguese to which they also answered me. Here in Portugal I had to make an appointment in social security and, guess what, I have to wait until November.
Conclusion Both are right: Knowing the language of a country helps the dream but more importantly and knowing how to get there even if it is saying and doing many mistakes.
So if anyone living in Estolcomo wants to help me in this long Swedish bureaucratic battle - and have the patience for a Portuguese who speaks English Spanish and French - I would appreciate it.
Obviously, the translation and counseling work will be paid as agreed.
Just an aside and sorry for being so slow,
My daughter's father lived in Portugal for about 8 years - he worked with Swedes and, like friends and I, at the beginning of the relationship we spoke in English his accent was really strange and sometimes even comic.
One thing is certain when it was to discuss or make up I already knew how to speak Portuguese.))))
My father also immigrated from Spain to France (language he never learned) and then came to Portugal. At the end of 30 years, when he died, he continued to speak Spanish. But that did not stop him from having a working life as an example for any Portuguese citizen.
Thanks

Hello Dolores, Welcome to the forum :)

When we reply to different topics we also think about future members to come, who might want to know the same information so we categorise different topics into different forum sections so it would be easier for anyone else to find any topic which already had been discussed.

Since your query is such a unique one it would be hard for any other future member who wants to find the same information, if it is inside this thread and also the OP of this thread would not appreciate it and also the moderators since the discussion we are about to start will be off topic all the way.

So could you please start a new thread with a point by point description?

For my part I will be more quick to reply, that's a promise.

Sorry and forget
Ive been trying to make lot of things in this last days for Portugal.
I will keep trying.
Thanks so much