Medical Test For Visa

For anyone that has went through the medical exam for the visa process, I would like some advice. Is there a specific service that should be requested to get the medical certificate? I have all my required paper work with the exception of the certificate ready to go and apostilled. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A letter from your doctor is all you need.  Two sentences.  "Blah has been a patient of mine since XXXX and is in good health and free of communicable diseases.  Should you need to contact me, feel free at XXX-XXX-XXXX".  Signed and dated, on the practices letterhead.  In my case, all digital, no live signature.
Simple as that.  My doctor also included recent blood work, but that was because he had a copy that was going to be shredded.  Not required, didn't help, but hey, why not?

Much appreciated! Thanks!!

It's been a little while since this posting but just wanted to say Thank you Blue91 for posting this question I was wondering the same and thank you UncleBuck for the answer.

The consulate web site indicates a notary is necessary, which we obtained, but it doesn't sound like this is necessary based on our communication with the Consulate. We are not taking any chances and had it notarized since that is fairly easy. Apostille is another matter, and glad that is not needed. You may want to get the signature notarized though..

Our attorney scheduled and accomoanied us to the mdical facilty as well as the immigration office.  She translate when needed.
If you have an attorney, then it should be one of the services they provide

It will depend upon the country you are from.  The Embassies and Consulates are not all the same.  In Canada, Uncle Bucks answer applies.  No need for translation, apostle etc.  Just a few sentences indicating your good health, free from disease etc. on the Doctor's letterhead.

From the Unites States and I just did what Uncle Buck suggested and had no problem with the consulate.  My doctor emailed me the statement and I printed it out and submitted with my other paperwork.  Not apostilled or notarized.  The consulate did charge to have it translated.

There you go, USA and Canada...different.  No translation required in Canada.  All depends upon the people you are working with.  There are no set rules, no one way of doing things, it's the DR.  Sooner or later people start to realize that even from one day to the next, things change.  It's a roller coaster ride all the way...lol

cindyscruise wrote:

From the Unites States and I just did what Uncle Buck suggested and had no problem with the consulate.  My doctor emailed me the statement and I printed it out and submitted with my other paperwork.  Not apostilled or notarized.  The consulate did charge to have it translated.

Hey Cindy, I currently live in Florida and I am getting my letter soon from my doctor as well. I noticed you put that you did not have your doctor letter Apostilled or translated. Did you have to send them to the consulate in Miami ? Did you have any other documents translated and Apostilled or did the consulate accept as is?

I used the consulate in New Orleans but they are the same requirements. I had my birth certificate, marriage license, FBI report, pension income translated and apostilled.  My social security statement just translated. My letter from the school district showing what I did and how long I worked ( its where I get my pension) just translated same with medical. Everything must be translated including your letter requesting why you want the visa.  They translated my medical letter at the consulate.  I had everything else already done.  This was all acceptable with them. When we got to the DR and went to immigration they wanted to know what ties we had here. Since we had purchased a car and house we had those titles.

Thank you.